Sign in to follow this  
eliongater

E28 exhaust options

I've isolated the source of my disappointment. The rear (aftermarket) muffler on my 525e is, positively depressing.

It sounds terrible, doesn't fit perfectly enough for me, rattles and looks less than ideal.

This needs fixing.

I've taken it off, and it sounds amazing without a rear muffler. However it has the occasional nasty vibration and is according to my phone, too loud. But man it sounds good (even for a lowly eta).

So I'd like something that retains the character of a straight pipe, but lowers the volume and returns the touch of class a classic BMW should have. And some nice tips wouldn't go amiss either (got a swanky hartge dual to oval tip I'd like to try).

I'm happy to buy individual parts and design/weld/asssemble any pipe work.

Edited by eliongater
Spelling

I would suggest having a chat with the guys at Midas in Porirua, as they could manufacture something for you, they do a lot of Hot rod stuff

Did you have any luck with this. Also have the same problem with my 87 eta

As per my PM, didn't get round to solving it yet, but have since learnt to weld. So in due course will take some measurements, and weld something in. But also just as likely to swap in an M30 ? (or buy another E28)