Sign in to follow this  
mal6

97 328 manua.

Friend   has offered me   97  a 328  IS    coupe  manual     , lovely  condition  but it has a stuffed  dual mass flywheel &  cost of repair almost  value of the car .   Can it be replaced with a standard   flywheel    ,  assuming could find a  used 1  ..

I recall reading about new Valeo BMW Flywheel Conversion Kits that convert from dual mass to conventional flywheel with new clutch disk and pressure plate, release bearing, bolts.   They're around, see what your local supplier has. 

HTH

You can convert to a single mass M40(?) flywheel and clutch. Had one in my 323i, rattled like crazy at idle, but drove pretty good.

Seems  BMW fitted  bothDMW  &  standard    cast   FW to  E36  s    any way of telling externally which  it has   ?   Certainly  put me off buying a car with DMF from all the    problems ive read about  it Ddid they  continue  it with the E46  ?

1 hour ago, mal6 said:

Seems  BMW fitted  bothDMW  &  standard    cast   FW to  E36  s    any way of telling externally which  it has   ?   Certainly  put me off buying a car with DMF from all the    problems ive read about  it Ddid they  continue  it with the E46  ?

IMO they're really not that much of  an issue. If it's on it's way out just buy a single mass or stump up the cash for a new DM