Sign in to follow this  
Phroztee

2005 BMW 320i Msport Issue

Hey all,

Having a fun afternoon. Was driving home this evening and just arrived home, as I was pulling home, I noticed a clinking sound, thought it was a stone rattling around, opened the bonnet and noticed the serpentine drive belt had broken, the coolant was boiling, and there was oil everwhere :(.

Ive not had any issues with the car so far, the belt wasnt necessarily old. I guess im just worried i've blown the head gasket. I replaced the belt and started her up, small amount of water noticed coming out of the exhaust, and after idling and a little revs for a bit, the water boiled over.

I know its all pointing to a blown head gasket, but I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience, and how they went about it. Replacing the engine? Repairing the head? Any of that worth it?

Thanks all!

Edited by Phroztee

Get it towed to a proper bmw mechanic and get it professionally diagnosed. No point speculating heas gasket or anything at this stage. 

• Like 1

Just an update, replaced the belt and all seemed ok. I have managed to locate the leak but am unsure how to go about fixing it. It looks like a plug in the engine block. Does anyone know how I can go about getting it sorted?

Link of video of oil leak below (top right hand side of the video)