Sign in to follow this  
User Name

V12 - Restore or Repurpose

Hi All,

So the weekend was depressing as the timing case broke on my UTE just before the rebuild (more wasted money and hard to find part)...So in my searches on the interweb i came across a local who had a gem sitting in his driveway ready to be refresh or re-purposed.

Its an 95 750il w 162k on the clock, its missing a few items but nothing that i am sure i would be able to find here or from our sponsors.

Its currently de-registered, so that's where i am un-decided, so thoughts would be awesome as when my engineer finds out about me spending more money on other things i may need somewhere to hide :)

Plan:???

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

• Like 2

Gosh its rough. Being dereg, you need to have a long hard think about whether its worth it to get it back on the road. Its a shame the rego isnt on hold.

At 162k that engines barely run in. But like Kelvin said it's awfully rough. By the time you've done repairs and painted it and had it re-vinned will it be worth what you've spent? Does it have any desierable options. Rear seat package? picnic tables?

There have been some nice ones come up on TM every now and then for under 5k.

Having said that if you're wanting a donor car I have a 97 thats missing the interior but otherwise complete. :ph34r:

Waste of time, could spend 10k and it's still going to be a 5k car tops, even with a wof and rego. Strip it for parts... or...

Enter it in the Demo derby. Sam did with his 740i, was fun to watch! 

• Like 1

Put the V12 into something small and make a sleeper! E30 V12 or E36 would be awesome!

The v12 is rubbish but i have spare parts for one and engine mounts to fit an e28 if your interested.

Not worth fixing that's for that for sure. You could put the engine is in something else but IMO the negatives outweigh the positives.

I'd part it out for using it as a paddock hack\derby car (above as)

On Mon Mar 27 2017 at 7:42 PM, User Name said:

Hi All,

So the weekend was depressing as the timing case broke on my UTE just before the rebuild (more wasted money and hard to find part)...So in my searches on the interweb i came across a local who had a gem sitting in his driveway ready to be refresh or re-purposed.

Its an 95 750il w 162k on the clock, its missing a few items but nothing that i am sure i would be able to find here or from our sponsors.

Its currently de-registered, so that's where i am un-decided, so thoughts would be awesome as when my engineer finds out about me spending more money on other things i may need somewhere to hide :)

Plan:???

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

I'll be keen on buying the whole thing off you, as is ?

• Like 1