Sign in to follow this  
qube

Bargain 2003 530i Touring

I believe someone hereabouts is already taking a good, long look at this. (Not me! Although that person did bring it to my attention. :) )

Mmmmm, that's pretty nice

And I'll be heading to Hamilton soon...

Edited by eliongater

6 minutes ago, SmithyInWelly said:

That is lovely - aside from those JDM monsoons.

With some of the rain we've had lately, they'd be very handy!

• Like 2

Love the colour! Hope it goes to a good home. [Pics added] 

571954543.jpg

571954591.jpg

571954607.jpg

571954621.jpg

571954642.jpg

571954674.jpg

571954695.jpg

Edited by TermiPeteNZ
Added pics for posterity!

I had just seen this post on trade me then saw it here. That is a gorgeous car. 

Yeah I'm trying to sort a PPI this week sometime. It sounds like a good car, and it's nearly everything I would have wanted if it was me buying it new.

I don't suppose anybody knows if a sedan front Motorsport bumper will fit a touring?

16 minutes ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Yeah I'm trying to sort a PPI this week sometime. It sounds like a good car, and it's nearly everything I would have wanted if it was me buying it new.

I don't suppose anybody knows if a sedan front Motorsport bumper will fit a touring?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxref?id=DS62-EUR-02-2003-E39-BMW-530i&mg=51&sg=15&diagId=51_3723&q=51112498507&series=E39

Same as the sedan. M bumpers are hard to come by and you'll get stung twice, once for the bumper, twice for the painting. This assumes you can take it off and put it back on yourself.

EDIT: See about getting it repaired. You're screwed on that bumper anyway, I doubt repair cost will end up being more than buying+painting a new one.

Edited by Gabe79
  • Like 1

Thanks... it's late and it was a lazy question. Removing and refitting shouldn't be too hard. As you say, there aren't a lot going around spare, so overseas might have to be an option. Not keen at all on the M5 style though.

Pretty much like our touring, same year and engine, except ours is black with black leather and sunroof. and everything basically mint. wonder what it would be worth if we decided to sell it..

I think this blue one is worth $4-5000 at least, plus add another 1k for bumper at least, another $500 or so for the seats then maintenance etc... quickly gets pretty expensive..

Bumper, seats, pixels. That's before any PPI. That said, at $4k, this would be really nice. 

like i said, nice car but the repairs bill will quickly add up

2 minutes ago, qube said:

like i said, nice car but the repairs bill will quickly add up

Could be. That PPI better be good and done by a proper BMW garage. Then we can see what it'd mean. 

Mrs Olaf was just saying "it's good having a spare car, for when one's in the shop" (with reference to the Volvo we're about to sell).  Wow, this would be ideal!  

Hope you get it, Colin.

• Like 1

If the broken pieces of bumper have been pushed in behind it and resting above the lower belly pan it should be able to be repaired with some plastic welding.

9 hours ago, Olaf said:

Mrs Olaf was just saying "it's good having a spare car, for when one's in the shop"

A while ago, I went through a few months of having only one driveable car... they'd take turns breaking, sometimes on the same day the other one was fixed

I'm starting to get used to this BMW lark, there's half a cooling system and various other E39 bits in the garage. While it is exciting getting a "new" car, it is kind of annoying starting from scratch with all the common bits that go wrong- cooling system, seat cables, ABS modules, SRS sensors, oil gaskets, window regulators, door seals, electric seat buttons, ABS sensor cables... I dunno, there's a thousand things!

• Like 1

Nice car, although I may be biased! Pretty much a twin of my one. I replaced the interior wood trim with silver trim from my old sedan and the wider rear rims as the tourings aren't staggered.

Also I think the genuine m sport front bumpers are around $1200 from memory, we had one replaced via insurance after someone backed into us.

• Like 3

Aha so it was you I saw heading into Papamoa at New Years! Nearly drove off the expressway when I saw your car, seriously very nice looking.

With a bit of luck, I may chase you up at a later stage for a twins photoshoot (if you are keen)