Sign in to follow this  
RedRocketTi

E36 Driveshaft safety hoops

Hey guys and gals,

So I am about to go for cert finally... and ran into issues with the universal style driveshaft safety hoops I bought (What a waste of money) and found there is just no feasible way of making them fit, so may as well get custom made ones done up from scratch.

I know EuroTurbo sells an E30 driveshaft loop kit, but does anyone do one for an E36? Otherwise anyone know how much and where to go in Chch to get them made up? I was quoted $400 exculding GST and it seemed pretty steep.  Also if anyone has any pics of their hoops it would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance! :) 

Have you increased power? If not you dont need it. My 328i didnt need one for cert a month ago 

4 hours ago, HaNs said:

Have you increased power? If not you dont need it. My 328i didnt need one for cert a month ago 

I dont need them for cert, I called the cert guy and as I have the 328i driveshaft I dont need them, however for my own piece of mind I wouldnt mind in the future getting some made up :) The body itself has gone from being a m44 auto Ti to a M52b28 manual (128 kw at the rear wheels the other week on the dyno).