Sign in to follow this  
gjm

M760Li xDrive

I have no doubt this will be a lot of fun to drive, if a slightly detached driving experience (rather like another manufacturers V12 twin-turbo luxury saloon from - say it quietly! - nearly 15 years ago).

"The V12-engine combines two turbochargers to deliver a maximum output of 448 kW at engine speeds of between 5,250 and 6,000 rpm, propelling the vehicle from 0 to 100 km/h in a mere 3.7 seconds. At the same time it’s incredibly fuel-efficient thanks to High-Precision Injection, consuming just 12.6 litres of fuel per 100 km with CO2 emissions of 299 g/km."

I doubt it consumes 12.6l/100km while travelling from 0-100 in 3.7s! Yeah... OK. I'm being pedantic.

I think it is a car I would prefer to be driven in, rather than drive, but without either experience that is pure conjecture.

More info here.

• Like 1

That's pretty quick! Audi always had the quickest flagship thanks to Quattro- I remember their old S8 would do 0-100km/h in 3.9s. Now BMW have bitten the bullet with xDrive being applied all over the show, I am picking some sort of sprint/power war restarting among the big German manufacturers.

They look much better than the last 7 series for sure. 

I think it's mandatory they are really fast, because that sells! 

Just as a matter of passing interest I was looking at the specs for the new Merc S-Class.

Aside form forgetting how to build a car that goes from 0-100km/h in more than 5 seconds (leaving the diesel version aside), they appear to have emptied the Mercedes factory dining room when sorting the brakes.

360mm brake discs.

At the back...

I like a good game of Top Trumps, especially the Germany Autobahn-stormer edition featuring these cars.

M760Li Rear Brake Rotors - 398mm x 28mm, even bigger plates!

When the kerb weight is over 2100kg, it's gonna take a bit of stopping when it's up-to-speed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I like a good game of Top Trumps, especially the Germany Autobahn-stormer edition featuring these cars.

M760Li Rear Brake Rotors - 398mm x 28mm, even bigger plates!

When the kerb weight is over 2100kg, it's gonna take a bit of stopping when it's up-to-speed.

And the fronts are 36mm thick!

Wow thats a lot of steel.

That's a lot of unsprung weight... According to Realoem, p/n 34106887398 (395x36) weighs in at 17.55kg. :o 

• Haha 1

Was lucky enough to drive one briefly last Friday...and holy sheit..what acceleration! 

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Was lucky enough to drive one briefly last Friday...and holy sheit..what acceleration! 

Jealous ? right now