Sign in to follow this  
Contrails

Very disappointed with Auckland City BMW

Evening,

Long story short.  We bought a 2012 F30 328i from Auckland City BMW exactly a year ago.  The car had tints installed which seemed legal at the time as the car came with a brand new WOF at the time (April 2016).  The WOF was done at the Auckland City BMW workshop.  A year went by and it was time to get a new WOF.  Surprise surprise! the car failed the WOF at VTNZ because the tints were illegal (30% on the front and 20% on the rear).  

So, I thought I would give Auckland City BMW a call and discuss the matter.  First time, I got told that they would get back to me on the matter.  Never got a call back.  Rang up the second time and got the same response.  

Now, I am not expecting Auckland City BMW to install new tints, but at least acknowledge that oops it was a genuine mistake! Nope.  

So, any recommendations as to where to go for new tints? And bearing in mind the old ones will need to be removed, what sort of costs am I looking at?

Cheers.

Probably the obvious recommendation would be Car Folie - the sponsor of this general discussion room!  

Take your concern to the sales manager at the dealership.  If you've not fully escalated in the right area, your on-line bitching is premature. The sales manager will look at the long game - that the purchase of your next near-new or even new BMW is at stake.

hope that helps.

Cheers for the reply.  Gonna give Car Folie a call tomorrow.  

I have already called the dealership twice and been left hanging both times.  This is supposed to be a premier dealership for BMW, not a Warehouse outlet.   It's not the fact that I have to spend $500 on the car, it's the principles or lack of that annoys me.   

Anyway Rant over.  

to be fair, I'm not sure I'd be trusting VTNZ to even judge or correctly measure tint value/visible light transmission.  Take it back to AC BMW for the WoF!  They WoF'd it first time.   Problem solved.

And you can speak - face to face - with their sales manager.

I'd be disappointed too.  Though I'd get it resolved to my satisfaction.

Let us know how you get on.

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 7

I spoke to the owner of Car Folie a few weeks ago and he doesn't do work for Jo public anymore, only commercial. He also informed me he cancelled  his sponsorship for this  forum some time ago as well

• Like 1

Hah, I should have done it that way in the first place. 

The VTNZ guy did the test in front of me with his Window tint meter.  He was even kind even to say he would let the front pass because the meters are only accurate to within 3%.  But the rear was too dark so I just had to replace the rear.  

Update: I wrote a glowing review on their Facebook page and their marketing manager messaged me within minutes wanting to rectify the situation.  Gonna have a chat with them this arvo. Let's see what they say. 

Edited by Contrails
Grammar

The sales girls are hot though!

Took them a while (days) to figure out that the Ionic Current Module on my V10 was faulty as well, even though I told them it was faulty :P  

Rohan, sorry to hear about your WOF issues, but this is yet another example of why you shouldn't take vehicles to VTNZ for anything!! , go to a proper garage & build a relationship

• Like 1

Factory rear window tints?   As in they were already on the car?   Mates new 320d has very dark windows for the rear and I don't think it is considered a modification 

Did you ask to speak to the manager? 

23 hours ago, Auckland city BMW issues said:

It’s a horror show at ACBMW- if they make a mistake they just cover it up and blame anybody other than themselves.  Breathtaking arrogance 

If you have specific examples of issues then please post them, generic grumbling about a business is not going to achieve anything.

As mentioned above, try speaking to the manager of the area you are having issues with, there are also on-line methods for providing feedback to them.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 6:09 PM, Auckland city BMW issues said:

It’s a horror show at ACBMW- if they make a mistake they just cover it up and blame anybody other than themselves.  Breathtaking arrogance 

Awww gum'on dude im just trying to browse 9GAG i dont need these ads 

Screenshot_20201126-034623_9GAG.jpg

• Like 1

9GAG still exists?  Isn't it just Reddit posts with ads?

• Haha 1

Even that website has only vague details about what the issues were, something about an alignment machine being out of spec.

Man it's hard to care about these issues when we're given so little detail.