Sign in to follow this  
Racer Rog

M52 m54 3 litre crank swop

Have a 528I wondered if anybody has done the m5430 crank rods and piston swop, have read about useingthe m54 inlet cam (single Vanos) have looked at a newer car but have spent to much time and money to get the one I have so far, plus a newer one does not seem to be as good as the E39's

I have a crank  pistons and rods for sale if that helps.

• Like 1

Have a search on youtube. I watched a good video about it on there. It was M54B30 internals in M52B28 which I think it what your after?

I did similar about 18 months ago but M50B25 non-vanos instead. The M50 vs M52 is dimensionally the similar so what I learned should directly apply to what you want to know. Here's a link to the project:

I wouldn't think you'd get much improvement with just the displacement increase -  you'd need to do cams and intake work to get the best from it. The M52B28 comes with pink-top injectors so you should have enough fuel for anything NA you can do to this engine...

I got reasonable results but still need to do a few more changes and re-tune to take full advantage.

• Like 1