Sign in to follow this  
HardBall66

E39 Touring owner in Wellington

Hi all - I have a 1997 528i Touring in Oxford Green which I bought for $1,000 in 2015.  I'm steadily restoring it as time and money allow.  I wasn't overly handy when I started, but thanks to Google and YouTube I can now do a fair bit of maintenance myself, which is not only a lot of fun and extremely satisfying, but also makes classic BMW ownership a relatively affordable hobby.

I'd be keen to meet up with anyone in the greater Wellington area or thereabouts who'd like to team up to help each other out with repairs, retro-fits or whatever. 

I set up a Facebook group if you want to drop in and say Hi.

Touring_in_use.jpg

• Like 1

welcome, Matt!  an e39 Touring for a bag a sand?  brilliant.  what a bargain.  used to be one round the corner from me with a cool paekakariki decal on the back window, that I always admired.

subscribe (follow) to the Wellington meetings room, the guys in Kapiti are organising a cars and coffee meetup (regularly?), and we get a coffee meet or road trip organised from time to time.  Don't be shy, anyone can organise something!

Look forward to catching you soon.

Edited by Olaf
linky-dink dink
  • Like 2

Even though I don't go on facebook that much, I have sent my request, Matt. And yes, welcome Matt. I still need to meet 99.999999999% of folks that are on bimmersport, in person. The only other member I have met, and know, is my son! :D

• Like 1

Hi Olaf, thanks - I'll definitely subscribe to the Wellington meetings room.  

My old wagon is not much to look at currently (paint is shot on bonnet, roof and passenger doors, and now the headlining is starting to go, but I'm steadily chipping away at it - tailgate strut replacement was no fun at all, but will hopefully not need to be done for another 20 years now!

One little mod I've done is to re-install the MID into the glove box after the previous owner fitted an after market head unit. 

MID in glove b6x.jpg

35 minutes ago, viskop said:

The only other member I have met, and know, is my son! :D

Hi Charl, thanks for that - I'd be keen to double the number of forum members you've met!

• Like 1

yeah you'll likely meet more forum members here - on the forum - than dragging them away from this community to a smaller FB page.  We've been working things up around here... just come along to the meetups.  

Hey Matt and welcome :)

Details on next catch up here: 

Awesome, thanks Peter - I'll check it out.