Sign in to follow this  
Onizukachan

Greetings from West Texas, USA

Hello from the other end of the globe! 

The grass is always greener on the other side, so I'm looking to you green and lush New Zealand from dirty dusty desert El Paso TX, for interesting ideas. 

On a less poetic note, I've been converting and retrofitting a lot of EU spec item to "be different" as if owning a Touring wasn't rare enough in the USA, and I've been browsing your forum off and on for over a year now. Thought I'd say hi officially. I'm kind of an OEM+/stealth install guy. 

The vehicle: e46/3 M56 SULEV with ZPP, ZSP, ZCP, and Nav

Retrofits: 

City lights

Rear Fogs

rear Camera

OEM EU TV Tuner, with 5v converted home ATSC dtv converter for off air channel reception. 

Clear rear lights and side Indicators.

Eurotray 

Factory aux input fitted to inside of eurotray pen holder.

Roof racks removed

$5 alarm siren

e65 electrochromatic mirror with Homelink

TCU with BT replaced non BT TCU 

A lot of coding done! 

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

Edited by Onizukachan
Info
  • Like 1

Hi Richard, welcome along!  nice looking e46 you've got there.  I've seen a bit of Texas, but never made it out so far west.  I used to cross the border at Laredo/Nuevo Laredo.

Which rims are you running?

You'll certainly find plenty of e46 action around this parish, a number of us running tourings.

cheers

Olaf

PS - looks like Texas plates have changed a bit since I used to visit regularly in the mid-90's.

Edited by Olaf

Thanks Olaf!

Every few years they change em! I like these the best. Simple. 

The rims are the original style 119s that came on the 2004+ sport package. 

Ive noticed if I want to find Touring info and inspiration I generally need to look abroad where tourings are more plentiful! 

I did do an 07 or 08 e65 Gentex EC rearview with Homelink which I forgot to list also, only difficulty was pulling the SOS wiring from the connector to not Fry the mirror, and grinding down the base protrusions on the mirror a bit.  Way better than the old magnetti Marelli SoS mirror, and the stubby clown nose doesn't interfere with my vision

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

• Like 1

That's a great looking wagon - and doubtless very different from much of what you'd see there... most of my Texan driving references come from watching far too much Top Gear and more than a little Fast n Loud - which I'm sure doesn't represent most of the population :)

Nice wagon.

e46 wagons really are awesome.

Have you thought about installing the msport front bumper - makes a huge improvement in looks imo.

If it were prefacelift I would, but mtech 2 were only on zhp here in the states, and are stupid money to buy new OEM... amd to be honest, it seems like every other person immediately goes and buys an tech 2 replica. I kinda like the original bumper, and if I ever get a fix it ticket for front plate, I have a place to put it on to get the ticket dismissed, lol.