Sign in to follow this  
Jimakaze

Jimbo / Jimbo01 back as Jimakaze

Hi - I've returned. I no longer can access my email account I created my previous account under so I had to create a new one.

Crrently there are 5 cars registered to me. I still have my 99 BMW E38 740i. My wife still has her red SLK, and my daughter now has a silver SLK. My son has a VW Passat. Our daily driver is a 2004 Honda Odyssey Absolute 4WD. As usual the Honda seems to cost the most to maintain.

I did a couple of projects which I've posted under my previous account. My Pioneer amps are now in my sons Passat. I'm trying to reuse the BMW Non DSP amp to power my rear speakers, and 2 Sony 2 channel amps to power the front speakers and the kicker subs. This is proving problamatic and I will post on this. One reason for posting is I've spotted some bad info on the stereo plugs for the E38 out there on other forums (blow stuff up bad) - or put it this way - it doesn't match the wiring in my car.

I'm still in Upper Hutt. Still renovating my house. Still working at the Department of Internal Affairs as an All of Government Enterprise Architect. 

Jim

Edited by Jimakaze

welcome (back), Jim!  There remains much love and respect here for the e38.

• Like 1

Hey Jim and welcome back - Pete from Microsoft Wgtn here :) Hope you can make it to the coffee catchup tomorrow afternoon ...

Welcome back Jim.

I'm always happy to see more E38's on the forum.

Post up some pics when you can.

Welcome back Jim great to see another 38 rolling in, great to see some pics if you can