Sign in to follow this  
Jimakaze

E38 X605 and X606 Connector Pins - warning

There is what I believe to be incorrect information on the pins for these 2 connectors on the internet in different forums. 

The X605 connector is a 12 pin INPUT connector, the front and rear signal ouput from the Radio unit is input using this connector. It also has +12v, -12v, and the signal / auto on wire.  

Information on the internet incorrectly claims this connector is the output to the 4 woofers in the doors; and was advice I got from Jochlan on here back in 2009. 

The other connector X606 is the OUTPUT to all the 10 speakers, 3 in each front door, and 2 in each rear doors. The amp splits the frequencies for each speaker. 

Information on the internet incorrecly claims this connector takes the output from the radio as the input to the amp. 

In my E38 I bypassed the OEM amp, added two 4 channel amps. 1 to drive the speakers in the 4 doors using passive cross overs (the 3 ways on the front doors were replaced by high quality Pioneer 2 ways). The other to drive two 6 inch kicker subs in a modified OEM rear sub unit. 

My 2 amps and all my door speakers worked perfectly in this configuration. That would not happen if the wiring and pins were as claimed. 

Jim

Edited by Jimakaze
More detail