Sign in to follow this  
Fants

X3 (E83) 2004 stereo upgrade

Hi my current head unit (BMW business) does not have Bluetooth or any AUX functionality. Would really like to have these available, which got me wondering would the next head unit in the production line (BMW professional) firstly fit and secondly be compatible with the existing wiring. 

So if the above answer is no, what would people's recommendations be. Would the pop up nav unit be an option??

Have made many calls and looked on google for an answer but can't seem to find anything conclusive. 

Cheers

Fants. 

Strange, our US spec 04 e83 has the standard head and it is aux capable. I checked the build sheet and it is a business radio. 

Bt calling can be added with a TCU easily. Bt streaming with controls is different, of course. Are you iPhone? 

2 hours ago, Onizukachan said:

Strange, our US spec 04 e83 has the standard head and it is aux capable. I checked the build sheet and it is a business radio. 

Bt calling can be added with a TCU easily. Bt streaming with controls is different, of course. Are you iPhone? 

Thanks for that. Aux capable? Do you have an aux port? Where is it located? Yes I'm iPhone. 

Fants. 

6 hours ago, Fants said:

Thanks for that. Aux capable? Do you have an aux port? Where is it located? Yes I'm iPhone. 

Fants. 

I bought the BMW aux cable, and plugged it on the back of the radio. It doesn't have a "aux port"

i installed the jack on the other end of the cable next to the rear lighter so both rear and front seat passengers can use it. 

My my brother only has apple devices so he installed the Enfig adapter for wired iPhone playback with controls in his e83. Iirc he said he was going to put it in the armrest, as that is where the phone adapters would have gone, and it's a good place for even an ip6+

Edited by Onizukachan