Sign in to follow this  
jeremy

e30 noob need help

hey guys im looking at buying a 1989 e30 318i and the owner has told me about these problems. how much will it cost to fix? problems are below. also am i right in assuming this car has an m40 being a 1989? carjam says the engine number is 184E.

"The bema does have a few minor problems Ac belt is missing, needs replacing and there's a problem with the dash back light all the other lights still work and I think it the thermostat might need replacing as temp gauge fluctuates Let me know if you're still interested."

thanks in advance!

if thats all thats wrong thats very good for a 1989 car!Lots of e30 exoerience here unfortunately i am not one of those

AC Belt missing - Easy, but could mean that your AC has something else wrong with it
Dash back light - Easy, probably $5 to replace a couple of bulbs
Temp gauge fluctuating - Depends on what it goes to... because the main issue is if it's overheated at some point. But otherwise, its probably a $20 thermostat, or tightening the ground nut on the back of the cluster while you're replacing your dash light bulbs. 

The temp gauge is what I'd be concerned about, it depends on what exactly is going on with the needle and when.

• Like 1