Sign in to follow this  
Funkyflynz

SUXG4S - E46 M3

Well I just had my resonators installed, and they pretty much reverse all the bad sound that comes from being catless. Still a bit more aggressive than before, but in a good way. It's that nice classic straight-6 engine sound.

Should work well for your M3 too :) Maybe search for some videos online, I'll bet others have done the same and recorded it. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2017 at 5:56 PM, Matth5 said:

Well I just had my resonators installed, and they pretty much reverse all the bad sound that comes from being catless. Still a bit more aggressive than before, but in a good way. It's that nice classic straight-6 engine sound.

Should work well for your M3 too :) Maybe search for some videos online, I'll bet others have done the same and recorded it. 

Sweet, im going to run without for a few weeks, if my ears don't stop bleeding i will throw in a single resonator to see what that does.  Cheers.

Have been playing around with BMWFlash and Ecuworx software, man its amazing what the community has put together out there.  Ive flashed the DME to enable shift lights like the CSL, disabled cat warmup, cat protection and tried the build journal burble overrun - stage 1 and 3, all this for about $30 worth of software and a $20 cable.  Plus i can put it back to stock anytime.  Worth a look if you have an E46 M3

IMG_5506.JPG

Edited by Funkyflynz
  • Like 2

yea got the csl flash in mine , i like it alot with smg , much quicker shifts and auto blip etc

• Like 1

If you are using BMWFlash just remember the dme will take a maximum of roughly 30 flashes before it locks up and stops flashing.

When MSSFlash was still around, till about two weeks ago, the tool used to be able to clear the flash counter again. But now it’s gone and no longer (thank goodness!! Can’t even count the number of times I’ve had to fix a dme because of that software) you are sh*t out of luck so to speak once you hit that flash counter.

• Like 2

Brought a set of 17" 335 M Sport Rims to have a bit of fun with, reducing the rolling circumference will also help with torque :D  Photos might be a give away as to what happened next :lol:

jCkYAUGYR3ScLEYuKta%aQ.jpg

%ULDhu8TSdm%OaCvUMOQIw.jpg

IMG_7412.JPG

Edited by Funkyflynz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CSET said:

sh*t how deep are the scratches mate??

Just rubber marks, genuine racing strips :-)

• Like 2

Had a great time at Powercruise Taupo back in Nov, 100's of cars various types and having the opportunity to roll race down the straight was pretty cool.  Spent most of the time hunting GTR's.  Being first time on the track with the M3 meant i was also able to get a good feel for the car and it highlighted an issue with understeer, the 225's on the front aren't a cheap tyre but theres simply not enough grip, im going to have to sort that out.  Had a ride in a series winning drift car too, that was quite the experience, thing was violent!  Interesting event in your interested in cars of all types.

IMG_5868.JPG

IMG_5957.JPG

IMG_5922.JPG

• Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 10:38 AM, M3_Power said:

If you are using BMWFlash just remember the dme will take a maximum of roughly 30 flashes before it locks up and stops flashing.

When MSSFlash was still around, till about two weeks ago, the tool used to be able to clear the flash counter again. But now it’s gone and no longer (thank goodness!! Can’t even count the number of times I’ve had to fix a dme because of that software) you are sh*t out of luck so to speak once you hit that flash counter.

I tried stage 1 and 3 of the burble over run, while it sounds cool on lift off and downshifts i would also backfire when upshifting, i found this annoying and almost as if it was slowing the engine, so i removed it.  Just running the shift lights, sports memory mode now.  6 flashes in total, 24 to go :-)

Quick update, that little bit of track time got me hooked so the M3 has spent a large part of the last 6 months parked up as I work my way towards a drift car, with the odd 6 hours drive here and there :-) , after missing the group trip over the Gentle Annie I was determined to check it out.  I did treat it to a front set of Pilot Super Sports and a Sparco bucket, which made a world of difference!

sparco2.jpg

sparco1.jpg

m3trip.jpg

pilots.jpg

Edited by Funkyflynz
  • Like 3

Well I guess I should wrap this up as the M3 has been sold, I would have liked to keep it but with a lack of shed space and other interests (BMW related) it was time to put that money to use else where.

It only took 2 days to sell, and the two guys chasing it were the someone who had done a lot of work on it for Charl (two owners before me) and the previous owner whom I brought it off, it ended up going to back to the previous owner.  This is the 2nd BMW ive had that was sold back to the previous owner.  I guess if you find a good one you regret selling it, and im sure I will.

Anyways It was a fun two years and if you have the opportunity to own an E46 M3 I would suggest you jump at it.

• Like 3

You sure had fun with it in the time you had it, Lee.  

Do you have project threads here for your drift car etc?