Sign in to follow this  
Olaf

2007 e60 550i in Wellington with plenty of fruit

Saw this tidy e60 550i on TradeMe, it has almost all the desireable fruit you'd want (specifically Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, HUD, Rear Blind, Adaptive Headlights, bluetooth, cruise control), and is the LCI model, 120k kms.  Oh, and looks like the Logic 7 stereo too, and NZ maps.  Style 246 18" rims - cool.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1315400256.htm 

under $15k. Tasty.

586579433.jpg

the only thing it's lacking is a different shade on the monochrome/greyscale range of white to black to join the e60 gang!

Edited by Olaf
join the e60 monochrome gang
  • Like 1

Being this well spec'd pretty much makes it more desirable than an Msport in my view. 

Its a sleeper :D

Edited by treone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, treone said:

Being this well spec'd pretty much makes it more desirable than an Msport in my view. 

Its a sleeper :D

you got it in one.  I'd like to try a Motorsport (on non-RFTs), to compare with a well-sorted standard 545/550i.  Mine's riding very comfortably, with enough precision to be fun.  I'm wondering how much more precision the Motorsport setup makes, and what the cost is in comfort terms.

22 hours ago, Olaf said:

you got it in one.  I'd like to try a Motorsport (on non-RFTs), to compare with a well-sorted standard 545/550i.  Mine's riding very comfortably, with enough precision to be fun.  I'm wondering how much more precision the Motorsport setup makes, and what the cost is in comfort terms.

Had a motorsport 550i for a while on 18inch wheels with non-RFTs. Tried a few different 550is before i bought one.  No non-motorsports though so can't compare to that.

18 > 19 for ride comfort. The 19's were low profile and let you know about it and bumps and driveways.

The motorsport cars felt smooth and comfortable, but always in control.  Enough to cart around a 5 year old and pregnant wife without any complaining. 

Pretty much the killer feature was active steering and active sway bars.. They didn't feel like they changed the feel of the car when engaged, but more so bought around feelings of 'wow that corner was way less drama that I expected at that speed' due to the sharpness of the turn and flatness of the car (the expected bodyroll wasn't there)

I miss it :(  Not sure i'll be able to enjoy another car without active steering/sway bars now.

3 hours ago, scottr said:

Pretty much the killer feature was active steering and active sway bars.. They didn't feel like they changed the feel of the car when engaged, but more so bought around feelings of 'wow that corner was way less drama that I expected at that speed' due to the sharpness of the turn and flatness of the car (the expected bodyroll wasn't there)

I miss it :(  Not sure i'll be able to enjoy another car without active steering/sway bars now.

I know what you mean.  MIne has Dynamic Drive (the active anti-roll bars), and Active Steering.  I compared it the day before I bought it with a lower-kms NZ new model without Dynamic Drive (on RFTs).  Significant difference, Dynamic Drive more composed, less bouncy, and greater levels of grip.