Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

E92 Bluetooth Options

I was just wondering if anyone could share their thoughts on getting bluetooth installed on a and E92/E90 etc with a CCC system? My car is Jan 2007 and in the build sheet it says it has option 640 Car Telephone preparation. I know companies like Autogravity do this and I think maybe Euro surgeon. What have people's experiences been the two companies and did you lose functionality like CD MD etc?

I got CIC installed by Xtreme Tech.

Highly recommend doing that. CIC is a huge upgrade over CCC.

I also have 640 prep and now I'm preparing to buy the parts needed for combox retrofit for bluetooth

I also got the CIC retrofit done it was about 1200 from memory. So much nicer to look at and use than the CCC. It was between that and having bluetooth installed. Having spoken to Ryan at Euro Surgeon he said it was better to get the CIC done then bluetooth. As the bluetooth did not work as well with CCC units. I think I recall having a conversation with @TermiPeteNZ who had issues although I may have dreamt that. I have looked at a number of options as I really want to utilise the steering wheel controls but can't find anything in excess of 1k to do it. I am happy to lose the changer. Keen to hear what you end up doing. 

Outside of a superior interface what do you get out of CIC over CCC?

1 minute ago, NZ BMW said:

Outside of a superior interface what do you get out of CIC over CCC?

NZ nav and NZ radio stations if you have an import. You also get the USB drive where you can upload music on to the drive. I think you can update maps through the port too. But it's pretty useless if you don't download MP3's. The newer controller as well. Other than that it is more cosmetic than anything else. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Hyde said:

NZ nav and NZ radio stations if you have an import. You also get the USB drive where you can upload music on to the drive. I think you can update maps through the port too. But it's pretty useless if you don't download MP3's. The newer controller as well. Other than that it is more cosmetic than anything else. 

So when we talk about adding "Bluetooth" are we talking streaming or just the handsfree for the phone?

I am streaming my music via a plugin Bluetooth unit into the Aux but it would be nice to have steering wheel controls for tracks. 

1 hour ago, NZ BMW said:

So when we talk about adding "Bluetooth" are we talking streaming or just the handsfree for the phone?

I am streaming my music via a plugin Bluetooth unit into the Aux but it would be nice to have steering wheel controls for tracks. 

You'd have to check with the installer but I'm pretty sure its both handsfree and streaming

I've just bought a combox and getting eurosurgeons to install it. I should get blutooth phone and music streaming and cover art displayed on the screen. I also bought a DVB-T2 tv module and hopefully replace the japanese tv module with a bit more coding with video in motion.