Sign in to follow this  
TermiPeteNZ

Now here's an interesting propositon .... E28 535i Alpina Motorsport - Targa or Street

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1321198583

• $15K
  • mixed kms due to lots of rebuilt stuff

"Set up as a Race/Track/Targa car she(Ella) has had close to $55K spent on her including the original purchase price. The motor is still the original 3.5 Litre straight six, blue printed around 12000K's ago with a race cam, high volume fuel pump, bigger air box and hand made extractors. Coupled up to a 5 speed manual box with competition clutch. Suspension is Bilstiens with coil overs and the front end has been completely re fabricated - 3 Degrees negative camber. Front brakes are from a late model M5 and the rears are from a V8 850BMW. Adjustable internal brake bias.
She is fast, at around 265 BHP, but her handling and braking capabilities embarrass a lot of modern vehicles on the track.

She has a full cage a 4 point harness, but these are out of date and will need to be complied if you want to go racing. OR, I can take the cage out and re install the interior ready for the street. She will be sold with a new warrant and at the moment the Rego is on hold. Will put 6 months on when sold.

590063946.jpg

590064076.jpg

590064097.jpg

590064200.jpg

590064219.jpg

I think this was for sale 2-3 years ago.  wonder if it's the same vendor, back on the market?

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

I think this was for sale 2-3 years ago.  wonder if it's the same vendor, back on the market?

seeing as the plate "blues" has been on the car since 2013 i would assume its the same seller as back then.

14 hours ago, Olaf said:

Same pictures as well as plate.

Its also not an alpina, probably a genuine M535i, but I haven't checked yet

12 minutes ago, eliongater said:

Same pictures as well as plate.

Its also not an alpina, probably a genuine M535i, but I haven't checked yet

It's a NZ new 535i. Model designation is DC72: the M535i was DC91, DC92 or DC93 depending on destination market and which side the steering wheel is on.

2 hours ago, gjm said:

It's a NZ new 535i. Model designation is DC72: the M535i was DC91, DC92 or DC93 depending on destination market and which side the steering wheel is on.

Is that DC91 on left, DC93 on the right, and DC92 for the rare McLaren-esque Centre-steering model?

hey @eliongater which model is your white one?

1984/07 - 1987/10    DC72    535 I RL   Sedan    M30      right-hand drive    Europe
1986/03 - 1987/11    DC92    M5 RL      Sedan    S38       right-hand drive    Europe
1984/10 - 1987/09 DC91 M5 Sedan S38     left-hand drive Europe
1986/11 - 1987/11 DC93 M5 Sedan S38     left-hand drive USA

4 hours ago, gjm said:

You missed without cat ;)

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=6

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

Is that DC91 on left, DC93 on the right, and DC92 for the rare McLaren-esque Centre-steering model?

hey @eliongater which model is your white one?

DC82

• Like 1