Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

ex ethrty e34 touring going soon

Anyone know the seller? Is the reason real?

Never a good sign when someone flips a BMW within a few weeks, but even if the motor or box was on the way out, probably still great value for money up to 5k or so

4 minutes ago, EURO V8 said:

Never a good sign when someone flips a BMW within a few weeks, but even if the motor or box was on the way out, probably still great value for money up to 5k or so

Flipping a car like this typically means something isn't quite right. :(
Very sad if that's the case. Aside from what I expect the economy to be, it'd be fabulous. Power, comfort, space, and a towbar. Can't ask for a lot more.

I'm probably going to give the auction a nudge and hope the missus doesn't complain

• Like 4

"Interior is fairly tidy" yeah apart from the front seat bottoms which are probably some of the worst looking ive ever seen. They ruin a good otherwise good looking car.

I've stopped bidding as the Auto bid by 'Rick' from the north shore with minimal trade history, just seems a bit suspicious when the vendor is 'Richard', also from the north shore with minimal trade history, feels like a Shill...  if a FPO pops up i'll be even more suspicous.

• Like 1

I saw you'd asked about having a WoF done, and received no answer.

I'm really keen on the idea of the car, but managed to keep my sensible head on. Besides, I didn't want to bid against someone else and just cost them more. :)

Yeah, it definitely saved me a BUNCH of grief, I was probably going to have to buy it and hide it at a friends place in Auckland for a month or two haha.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EURO V8 said:

Yeah, it definitely saved me a BUNCH of grief, I was probably going to have to buy it and hide it at a friends place in Auckland for a month or two haha.

Could 'hide' it here if you need to. I'm good at keeping secrets.

Might have to insist you tell Mrs M it really (really, really!) isn't mine, though! ;)

4 minutes ago, gjm said:

Could 'hide' it here if you need to. I'm good at keeping secrets.

Might have to insist you tell Mrs M it really (really, really!) isn't mine, though! ;)

Well, I'm still doing some sluething, but it's unlikely I'll buy it now, even if an FPO or second miraculously pop up because the 'other buyer' changed their mind...

If it really did sell at that price it was a steal for anyone who knows the car.

It was built properly by a member here and if i'd known about it I would have had a bid on it myself. Awesome conversion that was done to meticulous standards. Things cant have gone majorly wrong in the short amount of time since it was last sold and those motors are pretty bullet proof.

How much did it sell for a month ago?

I can't do it on my mobile, but if you look at the images they have a Trademe user name that doesn't match the Vendor, you could probably search the members listings and find it, assuming they were the prior vendor.

Well my suspicions deepen... According to 'Richard's' Auction feedback on the casioo account the sale to rickooos was not completed, dated 22/05/17, no feedback exist on the casioo account for the purchase.

The Images for the auction appear to originally be by a trader aitorr or Adam from Fielding, but, no feedback exists on his account for this car, for either purchase or sale.

I messaged a complaint to Trademe about possible Shilling, but they don't respond to complaints, which i think is bull crap when the subject matter is potential bidders fraud...

I found the links for two other possible sales, but trademe blocks access to historical auctions, and no cache i know of keeps copies either.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/cars/bmw/auction-1282709423.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/cars/bmw/auction-1275695421.htm

Edited by EURO V8

The plot thickens.

Sadly shill bidding is all too common on trademe.

I think it's almost expected now on $1 car Auctions. I've 'followed' all the parties so if it resists I'll be the first to know, my guess is it's now for sale on some AKL based Facebook group.

1 hour ago, EURO V8 said:

I think it's almost expected now on $1 car Auctions. I've 'followed' all the parties so if it resists I'll be the first to know, my guess is it's now for sale on some AKL based Facebook group.

Or at one of the car sales sites that facilitates sales for private sellers.
A great shame.

Bugger, what a mess, i would have been interested as well. I remember a similar colored E30 wagon with the v12 a few years back

sh*t i would have been keen at that money, if i had known about it. Its an awesome car.

Sooooo, Rickooos may not have been the vendor doing a direct shill, but he admits the car is his friends, and he doesn't know what happened with the auction he won and failed to complete...  It's funny, It's a shame Trademe only really cares about banking their success fees because I've pretty much proved the shill at this point.

Capture.thumb.JPG.ef9c11780007e020d5f0d0aec4002bcd.JPG

• Like 1

I'm probably not going to try start somthing with trademe, because I might be able to get the car for a sweet price, it's close to perfect for me, just needs a third pedal.

Edited by EURO V8

It's on facebook at present for $5500. Under Euro classified.

1 minute ago, MD13 said:

It's on facebook at present for $5500. Under Euro classified.

Not sure if I want it bad enough to go back on Faceblah.