Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

ex ethrty e34 touring going soon

Group is run by Amber and Co. She used to post here.

16 minutes ago, MD13 said:

It's on facebook at present for $5500. Under Euro classified.

Any link to it? spent the last 5 mins scrolling the classifieds and discussions and can't see it.

5 minutes ago, EURO V8 said:

Any link to it? spent the last 5 mins scrolling the classifieds and discussions and can't see it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwnz/permalink/1349496508453495/?sale_post_id=1349496508453495&rt=11

It's in the BMW NZ Parts/Classifieds/Discussions group.

4 hours ago, gjm said:

I don't use Facebook, I have a ghost account for messaging only, on the offchance they won't approve me joining the group, any volunteers in AKL that can check this out for me?

I think it is the 4th time in 12 months that it's been up for sale. I'd assume there is something wrong but I have no idea what.

From the thread:

It was built by Andy (who is on here, somewhere) and Lance. Andy had it for years and says "nothing wrong with it when I owned or sold it and many many $ invested in suspension all new gaskets in engine etc. the guy I sold it to had a brain too, so not sure what happened after that, sounds like there is something wrong with it now. Remember you aren't buying the car, you are buying into V12 ownership. It's not cheap to maintain."

It was then sold to Adam: "In my period of ownership any issues were addressed as they came up. Being an older vehicle things wear out and need replacing. Great car and if my other car hadn't needed extensive engine work I would've kept it."

The current seller is on the Auckland North Shore - must be someone up that way who could take a look?

I realise I may be buying into some drama, but it seems the really hard work of the conversion itself has been taken care of, part of my road map for it would be to soon Aquire a second engine to refresh and drop in during the manual conversion.

i think I'll fly up and check it out myself next weekend, it's more than how f**ked it is or isn't, will I actually like driving it is somthing I should probably find out.

Edited by EURO V8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EURO V8 said:

I realise I may be buying into some drama, but it seems the really hard work of the conversion itself has been taken care of, part of my road map for it would be to soon Aquire a second engine to refresh and drop in during the manual conversion.

i think I'll fly up and check it out myself next weekend, it's more than how f**ked it is or isn't, will I actually like driving it is somthing I should probably find out.

I don't doubt there'll be drama involved, but it sounds like you're prepared for that.

Do you have contact details for the seller?

34 minutes ago, gjm said:

I don't doubt there'll be drama involved, but it sounds like you're prepared for that.

Do you have contact details for the seller?

Not as yet, he's elusive and maybe I was too open of my awareness of his shilling.  

I can try to get a phone number if it'll help?

His description of the car: "Fresh Wof, rego till next month, brand new front tyres. It has a 5L v12 engine from an E32 750i, XYZ adjustible suspension, and AC style wheels etc. Car is certified for all modifications."

51 minutes ago, gjm said:

I can try to get a phone number if it'll help?

His description of the car: "Fresh Wof, rego till next month, brand new front tyres. It has a 5L v12 engine from an E32 750i, XYZ adjustible suspension, and AC style wheels etc. Car is certified for all modifications."

That would be helpful if you can get a number, 

1 hour ago, EURO V8 said:

That would be helpful if you can get a number, 

More news if I get any.

I've asked for a phone number. The seller has accepted my message, but hasn't responded with any contact details.

Yeah he has my number but hasn't contacted me... the pessimistic part of me thinks this is because it's running badly right now so he's running around like a blue ass fly trying to do the minimum necessary to fix that.  Or maybe he's just not a motivated seller

Received a message from the seller... No contact details, but apparently someone was keen to swap with him for another car, but the potential swapper's car had a problem so it didn't go ahead.