Sign in to follow this  
Autoglym

E28 M535i front shock options

Hi guys, over the weekend my E28 has developed a horrible knock from the left front & has a knackered shock, what have other people fitted & at what cost

I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything, I look forward the wonderful knowledge on here

Regards

Barry

haha my e28 m535i RF shock is knocking

im looking at fitting bilsstein HD shocks as the rears where replaced a while back with that type .

you could go for the sport option ,

shall I see if I can get a bulk discount on 2 pairs :)

22 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

haha my e28 m535i RF shock is knocking

im looking at fitting bilsstein HD shocks as the rears where replaced a while back with that type .

you could go for the sport option ,

shall I see if I can get a bulk discount on 2 pairs :)

Hey Brent, yes that could be a plan, but I don't really want a ultra aggressive race type suspension, let me know costs & your opinion of what the Bilsteins will be like compared to standard??

7 minutes ago, Barryn said:

Hey Brent, yes that could be a plan, but I don't really want a ultra aggressive race type suspension, let me know costs & your opinion of what the Bilsteins will be like compared to standard??

your car should have bilsteins as standard fitment , but they are a non rebuildable type

I had bilstein sports in my last silver m535i , then later on I had them revalved to suit lowering springs and track driving

I have Bilstein sport on all fours in mine.  Cost me $1200 including shipping and customs from Turnermotorsport.  I think these are a must if you planning on using lowering springs.