Sign in to follow this  
Olaf

tidy nz new e60 530i in Wellington

spotted this tidy monochromatic 530i on TradeMe

121kms

leather

blaaaaaack

$13k8 asking price.  Seller says the benefit's 150kg lighter than 550i, and they get 11.4l/100km urban commute.  What else do you need?  Buy it, join the e60 monochrome set!  B)

From the advert:

Mechanical: Seems pretty much perfect, drives well, suspension and steering are smooth, tight and noise free.  

Starts instantly, sounds good, pulls strongly. All electronics work flawlessly.  

No issues noted by WOF or Mechanics.  

Only issues we've had was a worn relay replacement, and a transmission sump gasket (replaced by Winger BMW).  

Also, has recent new battery and tyres  

Interior: Mostly perfect, interior leather is flawless, no scuffs, nice fresh black!  

Interior wood, plastic & carpet all look like new. The only flaw is around one of the dash compartments where the rubber coating is a bit scuffed.  

Exterior:  

Mostly good. Looks shiny and black, as it should, but has few scratches underneath the one of the sills, not visible unless you're looking under the car. Would be a cheap fix.  

Few minor scuff marks around the place, but nothing particularly noticeable.  

Accessories:  

Comes with a 1600kg Towbar and Roof Racks

592543099.jpg

592543106.jpg

Edited by Olaf

I had a 530i and it was a very good drive. I drove a 545i and it had more grunt but I thought the 530i felt a little bit better balanced. The only thing I didnt like was that my Wife's Toyota Aurion used to show it up at the traffic light drag strip :( 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

I had a 530i and it was a very good drive. I drove a 545i and it had more grunt but I thought the 530i felt a little bit better balanced. The only thing I didnt like was that my Wife's Toyota Aurion used to show it up at the traffic light drag strip :( 

the Aurion was economical on a trip, too.  I rented them on a few 2000km trips in Oz, including a 'Sportivo'.  They're good in the boat stakes too, compared with the e60.  I'd like to drive a 530i.

Just out of interest what did the toy weigh compared to the bimmer and the their cc rating?.

Edited by allan

I'll have a look online tonight.  I'll use that site I used for the SS Commodore vs 545i comparo.

I think the Aurion was 3.5 or 3.6 litre.  

Spec battle this evening!

Aurion has a 200kw 3.5 V6, and it's a very good engine, revs quickly and is very smooth, everything a good V6 should be unfortunately often isn't (MB are you listening?) Having owned a VZ SS and a 530i , I think the 5 series chassis was a definite step up. However the VE Commodore chassis (2006 on) is streets ahead of the VT-VZ chassis, although to be fair by the time they got to the the VZ it had improved on the original sloppy VT by a good margin. VE with stiffer springs and appropriate dampers is a very good chassis but prone to a bit of axle tramp on acceleration, (Bushes and linkage setup) which was fixed by the time that got to VF. If the Commodore had remained and was built was on the GM Alpha Chassis well we might be having an entirely different conversation as having Driven a Cadillac ATS it's a very good chassis, perhaps even better than Bavarian offerings..........