Sign in to follow this  
allan

Wheel off set IS or ET which

Can any one help me trying to find what the off set of a set of wheels the pic shows ET3/8 see pic which I'm not familiar with thought it was IS 47 or similar.

591375268.jpg

et38 it is

which wheel style ? staggered set up ?

part number will tell you all the details.

edited

ah found the issue

not genuine bmw alloys

bmw ones don't have weight ratings on them

also notice the faded bmw badges m bmw ones just fall off

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/alloy-wheels/auction-1322745370.htm

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E46-Compact/Europe/318ti-N42/R-N/feb2003/browse/wheels/bmw_alloy_wheel_m_double_spoke_97/

here some I had recently that sold

IMG_7585.JPG

IMG_7590.JPG

IMG_7591.JPG

IMG_7592.JPG

IMG_7593.JPG

IMG_7594.JPG

IMG_7595.JPG

IMG_7596.JPG

IMG_7597.JPG

IMG_7586.JPG

IMG_7587.JPG

IMG_7588.JPG

IMG_7589.JPG

Edited by BM WORLD
  • Like 3

Thanks Brent, those are the ones I was looking at so not genuine hu. Do you know of any style 97's for sale it appears if one goes staggered they are 7.5 in the front with an off set of 47 tyres 225/45 x17 the rear are 8.5 with 50 off set tyres 245/40 x17.

The rims Brent has sold ^ are really nice, and look superb on an E46.
They come up fairly often so perhaps worth waiting for.

Hi Graham

Take your point been trying for close on a year now missed out on the set Brent had for sale over a weekend. All the others I have noticed were in poor condition and asking an arm and a leg plus a refurbish as well. Have to be careful as the e90 series came out with a very similar style as the one's I'm after.

37 minutes ago, allan said:

Hi Graham

Take your point been trying for close on a year now missed out on the set Brent had for sale over a weekend. All the others I have noticed were in poor condition and asking an arm and a leg plus a refurbish as well. Have to be careful as the e90 series came out with a very similar style as the one's I'm after.

The E90 rims are probably Style 194. 0.5" wider at the front, but should also fit an E46 without issue.

bmw wheels style 194 (From BMWStyleWheels.com)

[Image: SDC11384.jpg]

(From http://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=62216)

• Like 1

I have a set of those style 194 for sale if interested

also some MK motorsport 17" by 8.5" deep dish type 1

Yes they are style 194 on the e90 's rim size start at 8 or 8.5 i believe have seen a few e46's with them fitted. Just being a bit pick ey personnel I prefer the 97's as they were fitted to the e46 Compact M sport  also which I have used as a guide on my project car Tim325.

15 minutes ago, allan said:

Yes they are style 194 on the e90 's rim size start at 8 or 8.5 i believe have seen a few e46's with them fitted. Just being a bit pick ey personnel I prefer the 97's as they were fitted to the e46 Compact M sport  also which I have used as a guide on my project car Tim325.

Entirely reasonable. Your car - you're more than entitled to be picky! :)

Have this Manual 318ti M sport we are about to part out with a set on it.IMG_4473.thumb.JPG.85652f8595aaaffa9d5d63f81d932c55.JPG

• Like 1

Style 194's are a nice rim, I bet they would look nice on an E46.

1 minute ago, Herbmiester said:

Style 194's are a nice rim, I bet they would look nice on an E46.

I'm biased, I think they look f*#king great on mine! ^_^   And yes, there are no issues whatsoever with 224/45 and 245/40 on the e46 saloon/wagon/coupe.  

Allan knows what he wants, we talked about 194's a while back.  Fair enough to hold out for the Style 97s, and not settle.  They'll look great on the 325Ti!

1 hour ago, HELLBM said:

Have this Manual 318ti M sport we are about to part out with a set on it.IMG_4473.thumb.JPG.85652f8595aaaffa9d5d63f81d932c55.JPG

that looks tres sharp.  get the ///M badge too, Allan.  I think your car's earned it.

Thanks Richard M badge won't go their it came with the de-badge option ticked and i like it like that quiet little sleeper.

Thanks Ray have sent you a Pm

Edited by allan