Sign in to follow this  
Olaf

M3 CSL e46 wow

1 hour ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Totally agree Barry - does seem to be going from strength to strength. Like the idea of

1. some kind of info we can leave on Bimmers to let them know ...
  2. number plate surrounds
  3. a decent t-shirt

But we do need to get the BimmerSport site owner's permission before producing anything ...

1.  doubleplusgood.  

2. or even a sticker sized to hijack other surrounds!  Lower cost, no dramas with NZ, NZ small, Euro, German...

3.  a transformer made from different BMW parts.  no, I'll get me coat then.  Yes, a t-shirt - particularly on a quality shirt - would be great.

2 hours ago, Funkyflynz said:

Those good ole days aye, i remember when i brought a Valiant charger for under $2500, and that was running and on the road.  That was only 10ish years ago, same condition car now is $25-30k.

Im not sure the CSL differentiates itself from the base M3 enough to command the kind of money these guys are asking? But in 15 years time I'm sure i will regret not selling the house to buy one lol

by the time you get it finished, it'll be worth more than your M3!  How's progress?

Property and cars are all speculative, though depreciation risk through mobile holes in the road must be greater.  Besides, you're not so far south of the CSL; at least you're creating memories for your old age in an e46 M3, today!

• Like 1

Number plate surround and a sticker to go on rear windows or windscreens would be good marketing.

BMW enthusiasts tend to check out other BMWs they they like, so they'd notice the stickers and plate surrounds.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Olaf said:

by the time you get it finished, it'll be worth more than your M3!  How's progress?

Property and cars are all speculative, though depreciation risk through mobile holes in the road must be greater.  Besides, you're not so far south of the CSL; at least you're creating memories for your old age in an e46 M3, today!

LOL, if it is ever finished, progress is slow mate but finally got the chassis rail completed with some help from a youtuber i sold my first BMW to, lol - check it out... 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Funkyflynz said:

Im not sure the CSL differentiates itself from the base M3 enough to command the kind of money these guys are asking? 

Hmmmm Have you seen the list of unique and bespoke parts for this car?? It is fairly extensive ... I should know!!!

Edited by M3_Power

5 minutes ago, M3_Power said:

Hmmmm Have you seen the list of unique and bespoke parts for this car?? It is fairly extensive ... I should know!!!

By all accounts its a beast for sure, but $100k more?  Im more than happy to compare the standard M3 to a CSL back to back anytime ;-)

5 minutes ago, Funkyflynz said:

By all accounts its a beast for sure, but $100k more?  Im more than happy to compare the standard M3 to a CSL back to back anytime ;-)

I am not talking about performance gains. Heck I can make a stock M3 go faster and corner better. But add up the values of all the bespoke parts and you'll be over the $100k mark easy. Trust me! I wrote the original parts list and have been following parts prices for years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M3_Power said:

I am not talking about performance gains. Heck I can make a stock M3 go faster and corner better. But add up the values of all the bespoke parts and you'll be over the $100k mark easy. Trust me! I wrote the original parts list and have been following parts prices for years. 

Wow, sounds like its a steal at $138k then.  How about that ride?

16 hours ago, M3_Power said:

This was Matt H's car I believe?? So ex drug dealer car from Police car auction??

Thats the car Tom.