Sign in to follow this  
Hobbs_e21

New Guy, 16 - E21 Kapiti Coast

Hey guys just joined up

Just got my restricted licenses and been rearing to finish my project thats been going for a month and a bit now. I'm down on the Kapiti Coast and keen as to get out and meet some more guys driving cars of culture once she's all done. Anyone give me a shout and will be keen to organise something for the weekends comin up in a month (if the car is done).

Here's a few picks of the seasoned veteran and some snipets of the process from start to now. 

Looking forward to some meet n greets or cars n coffee on the weekends.

Any advice on the build is much appreciated and where to get the best value for money parts and spares from

Cheers guys 

FB_IMG_1488787371301.jpg

FB_IMG_1488787362260.jpg

IMG_2303.JPG

received_1877184825892205.jpeg

received_1884590588484962.jpeg

IMG_20170414_145700.jpg

Snapchat-1512575786.jpg

IMG_20170424_210025_362.jpg

20170513_094013.jpg

20170515_070331.jpg

20170521_124553.jpg

• Like 7

Well done it looks good.

Where did you find the front and skirts. 

What spares are you after. I have a few 323 suspension and brake parts I don't need. 

Nice one Jake - good to see you on board mate and good to meet you earlier.

Look forward to seeing your e21 in the flesh.

4 minutes ago, 1BMF said:

Well done it looks good.

Where did you find the front and skirts. 

What spares are you after. I have a few 323 suspension and brake parts I don't need. 

So ahh the purists ain't gonna like this but side skirts are from a subaru wagon that have been cut and fitted. The front came with the car and is stock as far as I'm aware. The guy doing the welding added a inch to the bottom of it by welding individual tabs on. 

A set of rear lowering springs would be great if you have any. Apart from that would need to have a close look at the breaks and stuff would like to do disc brake conversion if finance's allow haha.

Cheers mate 

received_1876608579283163.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Aaron Muir said:

Nice one Jake - good to see you on board mate and good to meet you earlier.

Look forward to seeing your e21 in the flesh.

Cheers, yeah was good to meet someone in the loop with similar interests. Will have to organise some thing at a later date that suit's

Have you got any photos of it out of the shed? 

Did you paint the bumper white? 

With the extra length, white bumper and cut outs it has a very motorsportesk feel to the front end. 

I have a set of cobra springs that are not needed as I'm going coilover. 

How long did it take u? Who did you have helping? 

great project

have a few parts left over from this

and some new old stock etc

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1BMF said:

Have you got any photos of it out of the shed? 

Did you paint the bumper white? 

With the extra length, white bumper and cut outs it has a very motorsportesk feel to the front end. 

I have a set of cobra springs that are not needed as I'm going coilover. 

How long did it take u? Who did you have helping? 

Ahh so no photos out of the shed at the moment. I will have plenty of them to come as I am already finding plenty of nice photo spots around Kapiti. 

So the bumper came original with the car red -- car was originally red-- with black stripes along the indentations then the guy working on it welded extra tabs on as I am still wanting to learn to weld, then it went through the whole process of being smoothed over and painted white. After that we did the stripes on the bottom of it -- A stripe a day -- then painted the final pieces black with a rattle can so it can be easily touched up with not to much struggle. The lower front idea was kinda the cheap option instead of ordering a new front bumper. The photo below shows the extension before the detailing below. 

So the whole build has probably been going for a couple of moths now, been pretty short and sweet.

As for the guy helping me is a ex panel beater from Otaki who does a lot of house painting with my Dad. I'm at boarding school so really only during holidays and weekends I can work on the car as much as I can -- Not a lot as its my first car -- doing the smaller stuff. The old man did a lot of the organisation stuff while I was away. Just waiting on the carpet from Australia which should be here and the car should be done for the WoF before I start doing the wheel, steering wheel and other aesthetics to get it up to scratch.  

The cars I have based my build of are these two bellow....

http://www.stanceworks.com/2013/09/home-grown-cory-hutchisons-bmw-e21-320is/

http://www.stanceworks.com/2016/06/stanceworks-revisits-nic-and-stephanie-fosters-bmw-e21-320i/

The spring situation at the moment is super lows from a Subaru in the front and stock springs in the back, would be good to get in touch if the cobra's will fit into the rear coils. It's currently got a god awful rake at the moment that has it moments but will look better lower at the back. I'll be happy to sort something out with you for the springs. Cheers 

Also in the E21 New Zealand group on FB with you so if its easy to message through there ill be more than happy too. 

Thanks again 

IMG_2226.JPG

8 minutes ago, BM WORLD said:

great project

have a few parts left over from this

and some new old stock etc

Is the rear spoiler going would love to have the spoiler on my one would really compliment the black on the side skirts

My window rolling piece to roll the window up and down is broken too on my car and needs replacing, if the car is going the part on the drivers door would be very helpful. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Hobbs_e21

spoiler long gone , may have a door window regulator . body was stripped and sent to scrap long ago .

1 hour ago, BM WORLD said:

spoiler long gone , may have a door window regulator . body was stripped and sent to scrap long ago .

Sweet Window Regulator would be great, cheers 

Hi Jake, welcome aboard.  As the others have said, great project.

we'll look forward to seeing you along on future meets, or indeed, pulling one together.

great to see another e21 being resurrected.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Hi Jake, welcome aboard.  As the others have said, great project.

we'll look forward to seeing you along on future meets, or indeed, pulling one together.

great to see another e21 being resurrected.

Yeah Cheers man will be good to get together when all is done for the moment, maybe a meet in pram in a month and a bit would be good to do. Just have to see what happens in the future.