Sign in to follow this  
turboray82

A C Schnitzer E39

Arguably this car is in the 5k range, but, by the looks he's recently fitted over $1500 of new Michelin Tyres, so probably looking to be reimbursed for that.

I'm always so skeptical of ACS cars though, so easy to fake, arguably even easier than 'M-Tech/Sport' as the VIN never gives anything away, $500 of parts from ebay and boom, ACS car, I've seen a dealer import a car and register it with ACS in the model name, because it had a set of ACS pedals, this is probably at the too elaborate to fake end, but i'm always wary.

That's sort of what i was thinking. Wasn't looking too much for an ACS just a cheap e39 daily. But the kit is nice, its got my favorite knockoff wheels and it looks like he at least has his priorities straight with modifications. I dont however hold the kit in adding any value, just a bonus.

Or you could get stupid and do a LS swap..

Thanks for the free plug charlie :D

The ACS kit is very nice and quite rare but imagine if you had an accident like being rear ended, you would struggle to find replacements for it! Also a bit worrying that it has no mention of any service work done, only talks about the aesthetic things. Also its the older M52b28 engine which is not as enjoyable as the newer M54. I would hold out for a nicer M54b30 530i or a M54b25 525i (facelift) rather than pay a premium for the kit and wheels.

I could always drive my car down to you in CHCH and fly back up to Auckland. That would be an awesome drive, wouldn't mind doing it one day and meet up with any south island members!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turboray82 said:

I saw that car and i love it. However Auckland is a bit far. Very good looking though.

Get an AA check done and have a friendly forum member give a once over on your behalf, then if you really love driving do a transfercar to AKL for free and drive back over a few days, otherwise flights are less than $100 if you book in advance, $200 gets you return flight insurance if you change your mind on sight, these cars are lovely on the long haul.  

Holy hell car transportation has gone up! Used to be $800 or less AKL-CHC, now $1200+ What the hell.

9 minutes ago, qube said:

^ are you a salesman? You're hired!

I'd love to get into sales for a living, but a military career in my youth has hardwired me for an uncomfortable level of honesty and integrity, I'd probably get too wound up if I had to bullshit to meet any targets.

• Like 2

I do sales, i can BS but i hate it. I do however like selling stuff i know about.

Kyu's one does look pretty nice. I'm in auckland friday but wont have time to view. Ideally want a M5 but that involves selling the cobra. And im not buying a E39 M5 unless it has low KM's. They are few and far between but i would like to retain some sort of value over the long term.

Spoke with the owner of the above via email and he has owned for 10 years and has been maintained by an BMW enthusiast. Hope he dosent get offended if i suggest 5k

12 minutes ago, turboray82 said:

...Spoke with the owner of the above via email and he has owned for 10 years and has been maintained by an BMW enthusiast. Hope he dosent get offended if i suggest 5k

If you only want to pay 5k, you probably want to offer 4.5k so he can go up to what you want to pay ;o)

:D Very True. I am skilled in the car sales bit. However most of my recent knowledge is all fords. Its been some time since my E30 days. I have to study up on what to look for in E39's