Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

$5.5K Aussie Imported E30 325e (Factory Manual & M20B27)

This looks like a good base for a project, not sure how we all missed it, closes in 23 hours.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1324306169.htm

e30323e.jpg.09a3afc30148fe141de86ccf385186ff.jpg

From Listing

A rare opportunity to own a Australian imported 325e and almost just as rare to find a completely unmolested e30 

Sold as i economical version of the e30 it was fitted with the low revving high torque m20b27 motor. 
On the exterior this car is near perfect condition but the interior lets it down a bit.. the usual cracked dash and a few stains on the seats. 
Mechanically it goes well but is in need of a bit of attention eg plugs, leads, etc as it has a minor miss fire on idle but this doesn't affect driving. 
When i purchased this car it had been sitting for 10 years and subsequently the tires had been sitting flat which is noticeable now when you drive it as they feel like they have flat spots. 
There is also a small shudder in the back which i believe is the trailing arm bushes. 
Central locking isn't working which i think is related to the 25 year old alarm playing up. this never bothered me as it can still be locked manually. 

I would have loved to get this car back to its former glory but just don't have the time. 
This car isn't without its faults and the price reflects that

Info on the 325e (I'd never heard of it), looks like this one missed out on the 885 head.  Crazy low redline of 4500/4750, even my 'low revving' 2UZ-FE revs higher than this thing.

http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/325e

Unfortunately I'm lazy AF, so manual windows is a put off for me.

Edited by EURO V8

Man, was that only listed today? I get a nightly wrap up with certain BMW keywords... i miss out on ones like that somehow, Trademe needs to have a 'notify me instantly' option

Edited by EURO V8
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, qube said:

https://trademe.co.nz/1332450438

Bargain of the year sold within minutes. If i was in the south island i would have clicked buy now..

I haven't really kept up with run of the mill E30 pricing, but is an imported four door 320i auto in not so tidy/well used condition considered a bargain at $1500?!

Just now, coop said:

I haven't really kept up with run of the mill E30 pricing, but is an imported four door 320i auto in not so tidy/well used condition considered a bargain at $1500?!

I'd say it's $500 to $1500 cheaper than normal for such an example yeah.

• Like 1

Sports seats too... I'm talking to a bloke now about a full interior (with sports seats) for 1500...

i saw the listing at 7 views and i contemplated whether to click buy now then let a member here pick it up for 1500 but i went away for a few minutes and it sold on the 22nd view.

It was a couple days ago charlie.

You gotta keep up with it!

1 minute ago, qube said:

i saw the listing at 7 views and i contemplated whether to click buy now then let a member here pick it up for 1500 but i went away for a few minutes and it sold on the 22nd view.

It was a couple days ago charlie.

You gotta keep up with it!

Ah, i was up to something that day, missed out.

17 hours ago, EURO V8 said:

Man, was that only listed today? I get a nightly wrap up with certain BMW keywords... i miss out on ones like that somehow, Trademe needs to have a 'notify me instantly' option

http://www.bidbud.co.nz to the rescue AGAIN - you can set it to hourly ;-)

You can also save the same search at different times of the day, to have it sent around the same time.

18 hours ago, EURO V8 said:

Info on the 325e (I'd never heard of it), looks like this one missed out on the 885 head.  Crazy low redline of 4500/4750, even my 'low revving' 2UZ-FE revs higher than this thing.

http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/325e

Unfortunately I'm lazy AF, so manual windows is a put off for me.

my friend had one in the 90's, purchased in TX, and brought south.  It was a good car.  It's not a 325i, doesn't have that dynamic performance, and is a different style to a 318i, with bags more torque.  Think 525/528e in an e30.  @eliongater can tell you all about the eta (efficiency) motor.

I think that car is scarily over-priced.  Sat for ten years, pumped up the tyres (yeah they seem to have flat spots)... $5k5 one wonders if it was sympathetically recommissioned (all fluids replaced).... or what else has been skimped on?  A chancer doing a flip, I reckon.   and 250k kms, and coffee coloured?  It'd be a reasonable commuter box at $2k or thereabouts.  World's gone mad. 

• Like 1