Sign in to follow this  
Olaf

WTF? A reasonably priced manual e30 in fair condition? no Janet, it's not the time warp

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1330454018.htm

goodness.  a manual e30 currently under a grand.  well, yes, although it's missing a couple of cylnders and its capacity could be bigger, it'd be rude gasp, then turn to point and snigger.

and it's RED.

From the ad, it 's a 1989 and has 300k kms...

Either use as is or do some paint improvements. Drives well for it's age. 
A few things do not work (e.g. the auto return of the r.h. indicator after turning. Service indicator, so you need to keep an eye on it). Sold as is where is. 
EXTREMELY POPULAR E30 MODEL IN RED AND ***** RARE MANUAL*****

surely that 666 number plate is worth something to satanists?

I love how he has 6 Photos of the car, and 8 Photos of the polishing machine and accessories.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, EURO V8 said:

I love how he has 6 Photos of the car, and 8 Photos of the polishing machine and accessories.

yeah!  I noticed that too.  I thought of buying the car for the polisher. B)

29 minutes ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Tsk tsk Olaf, some people actually prefer the 4 cylinder model. I'd say not even that Mothers can fix that paint tho...

The 4-pot is a better balanced car, weight wise. It does give away power and torque, but there's more room in the engine bay for 'enhancements'. ;)

yeah I know that mate (s), the handling of the 4cyls is lovely.   that was my Brother's response (he'd bought an e30 325iS coupe brand new), when I said I was looking at 318i... "it's missing something.... two cylinders".

Edited by Olaf
responding to Mr Thrash and GJM simultaneously

7 hours ago, gjm said:

The 4-pot is a better balanced car, weight wise. It does give away power and torque, but there's more room in the engine bay for 'enhancements'. ;)

I had great fun in my E36 318, it felt much more balanced than my E30 323, plus same power out of the more modern engine... I don't think i'd get many smiles out of an M10B18 though.

so the reserve was a very reasonable $950, with the winning bid $1,842.