Sign in to follow this  
PaulC

E61 550i Touring

34 minutes ago, scottr said:

You'll constantly be looking under your bed at night for valve stem seal issues.  Even with a PPI it's a hard concern to shake

totally quote worthy.  I just check the dipstick whenever I fill up, and never look behind me for fear of clouds.  I find the following somewhat instructional:

• Like 1

Too expensive for the money I reckon.

I have been looking at 328i's for only a little bit more.  Use half the gas and just as fast.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1331787939.htm

Or the F10 528i can be had for early mid 20's now which is great value.  The F10 is soooo much newer.

Edited by GorGasm

Ive had 2 E61's, both were pre LCI.  I loved them both, one was a 550 motorsport.  The 550 was way less trouble than the 525 motorsport.  As you have discovered the 550 motorsport is a special car, 270kw of V8 grunt and great comfort, yes that sound system is kicking!  Both were my daily driver doing 100km to work, gas usage wasn't too bad.  The only thing i didn't like was the lack of after market parts, i.e performance hop ups.  Also they run an open diff which just seems weird and was a huge disappointment.  The guy who sold me the 550 actually brought it back off me he loved it so much.  I would say get the 550, get a warranty and drive it for 6-12 months,  you have then at least experienced a $170k new vehicle.  http://www.drivesouth.co.nz/news/roadtests/bmw/457/driving-in-lap-of-luxury

• Like 2

Lee, you used to be sensible and laid-back, concentrating on AWD turbo'd Subarus, and laying down sweet beads of weld on that MOPAR.  What happened?  Now you're collecting roundel badges and are about to be offered the BMW franchise for New Plymouth!   It's a wild transformation man.   You wear it well. :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Lee, you used to be sensible and laid-back, concentrating on AWD turbo'd Subarus, and laying down sweet beads of weld on that MOPAR.  What happened?  Now you're collecting roundel badges and are about to be offered the BMW franchise for New Plymouth!   It's a wild transformation man.   You wear it well. :)

Hahaha, Thanks, I once was blind but now i see.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Olaf said:

totally quote worthy.  I just check the dipstick whenever I fill up, and never look behind me for fear of clouds.  I find the following somewhat instructional:

Hahaha, I've just brought this after see this clip. Looking forward to watching it tonight with the wife.   Thanks Richard :D