Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

LSD for 335i

I am traction limited. Since I uploaded the Stage 1+ MHD tune to the 335i I see the DSC light up with regularity. It has got to the point that even doing 80kph on a wet road flooring the accelerator will result in a quick shimmy and a flash of the DSC light. The MHD tune gives more top end power for sure but the torque and mid range power levels are where the real story is. I am starting to see why the N54 is so highly regarded by tuners; it hits hard from 2000 rpm upwards and while an N/A car builds revs the MHD tuned engine is already belting out some serious power. Throttle response is the best I have ever seen on a turbo car and even the Ford Barra 6 turbo which is a torque monster doesn't have the same instant response. Anyway I feel an LSD is now on the cards, I am thinking of an M Factory Helical style but they also offer a plate model for similar money but I haven't found a lot of detail on their plate models. If anyone has used an M Factory diff or perhaps a Wave Track let me know your experiences.

Edited by Herbmiester
  • Like 1

Hey John

I have the wavetrack installed on mine and another friends e90 335i-, works really well on road and track and is a must option when running some serious power

Another friend of mine had the M factory diff installed on his 135 and it unfortunately screwed his whole diff as the pins in the unit popped out and munched things :(

D7aulL.jpg

2hl7v1.jpg

Was one of the units apparently under recall due to a factory issue with the unit bolts not being secure - I will give M factory its dues that it stepped up and sent a new diff and paid for all the work required to fix / sort the issue 

btw - if you get a LSD i would suggest a few of the re-codes as below

http://www.onelapx1.com/blog/how-to-make-your-bmw-actually-fun

Edited by jake1829
  • Like 1

Thanks for that interesting reading, I knew about the E diff and turning it off if you have an LSD but the other settings are interesting to say the least.

Edited by Herbmiester

Have a wavetrac and I am very happy. Check if you are bolted or Welded

Also in the same boat with my 135i. Noticed the dsc light kicking in really frequently since the flash. Interested to see how you get on with this. Have heard it can be a mission to install if the crown is welded which I believe is the case with mine

According to the internet mine should be bolted in. Anyone in wellington that could install it?