Sign in to follow this  
Mack10

E39 540i - Coilovers - 18x9.5 M-Pars - Spacers - Cert $6500

You've put up a price and a picture with the link, so that's fine in the For Sale section.

Nice car, GLWS!

Thanks guys. I really hope I don't regret getting into an E60 over this. It's such a great car but the impulse buy urge was too strong 

1 hour ago, Mack10 said:

Thanks guys. I really hope I don't regret getting into an E60 over this. It's such a great car but the impulse buy urge was too strong 

I did the same thing. Haven't missed the E39 over the E60 but the E39 did have a different character as such but the E60 is lovely 

Do you guys think my price is realistic? I thought it was pretty good for the kms/condition/mods. Had 20+ watchers and 400+ views in the first 2 days on trademe but no serious interest. Am I too high?

There have been a couple of very tidy examples on here that sat for a long time.  Suggest you be explicit about the maintenance that's been lavished on it, particularly anything to do with the M62 problem areas.  That should put people at rest, and get sold on the strengths of what appears to be a very tidy 540i.  I'm not sure if the market has softened with e39 540 (as they approach 20yrs old)...  with the e60 prices $9-16k (545i) it may have some bearing?

and you've scored a 545i?  Awesome, start a showroom thread!  And GLWS of your 540i

Yeah I think I'm going to have to take a bigger hit on it than expected...

Yeah, your price might be a bit high at the moment. See the amount of time it's taken this one to get sold:

This must be where my old wheels and suspension went??