Sign in to follow this  
agent75

E30 M52B28 - I want to be different just like everyone else

Hi All

I got my E46 330i going and it gave me a taste of a) the 6 cylinder sound b.) the 6 cylinder grunt.  I was seriously considering an M42 sap in to my 318 manual (which all 114hp is still going really well) but then a deal came up on trademe and i got myself an M52b28. auto gearbox, exhaust, loom, computer, all the intake gear. I've taken the plugs out and they look okay (not that that necessarily tells much) - although one has some brown on the external ceramic cap - not sure what that is.  the cams etc look like the classic "not enough oil changes" but my M54B30 looked like that too and it's a weapon.  the exhaust doesn't look of one that has been burning oil and the intake looks good.  I know there's been a lot done with these so i will be searching the forums before asking dumb questions - and there will be dumb questions!!  This will be a slow burn project as i have a Series 1 XJ6 with a 350chev i need to get going and the M40 is still a goer but i will be getting the parts and knowledge together from now

gear.JPG

cams.JPG

plugs.JPG

front.JPG

Edited by agent75

My car is on ramps in the previous post because I have replaced the water pump on the M40b18 and also replaced the overflow tank and flushed out the radiator.  My issue now is that the bloody rad is now leaking from the join between aluminium and plastic so i took the rad out again and....... the plastic broke in the top hose clamping flange.  Because i am going to put the M52b28 in soon and now i need a new rad , I wonder what the best rad to put in which will handle the new engine would be.  Any ideas?  I will trawl the forum but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.  I will adapt new rad to the M40 till i get the M52 crankin

radiator.JPG

I can't answer any of your questions, but just wanted to say sweet project. From what I hear you can't go wrong with the M52B28.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 8:01 PM, Blackie said:

I can't answer any of your questions, but just wanted to say sweet project. From what I hear you can't go wrong with the M52B28.

looking forward to getting everything together and cracking on! Family and work will slow things down but hey.