e46v12

My E46 V12 6speed swap

It certainly is Olaf :) best thing about it is that the pump is integrated into the sump itself so no need for scavenge lines. 

Hi Graham yes it is a Dailey kit not the cheapest but certainly one of the best sumps you could get. 

So got a very nice surprise  today. Had both the powder coater and machine shop call saying all the parts are ready for pick up.

Sorry about the bad picture as they were taken with the parts in the boot.

Block all nice and clean now, broken bolts taken out and no need for a resurface as it was straight as.

Flywheel resurfaced and lighten, now down to 10.4kgs I should have weighed it before hand but say it must be atleast 3-4kgs taken off.

and Rocker covers all coated gloss white and underside unpainted.

Getting closer to getting this thing put back together. Will be taken the block to the engineers later this week to get measurements to help with fitment for the ITB setup.

P1000988.JPG.d4038287e840a8507d7e13407a269eb0.JPGP1000986.JPG.7eafd0d4c7c450ad15fae096c87d81b9.JPGP1000987.JPG.dd623b816c71a7429a3e1c0f04eaf9b9.JPGP1000990.JPG.fc876e654e6820eb5c8d657633667d87.JPGP1000991.JPG.8dd02ed282077a4edd80f044d8f7298c.JPG

• Like 6

Thanks Crunchy.

I would have love to have done the v10 swap into this car though, that would have been awesome.

2 hours ago, e46v12 said:

Thanks Crunchy.

I would have love to have done the v10 swap into this car though, that would have been awesome.

For what its cost me to do the V10 i think the V12 would be much easier and cheaper, 40k doesnt go far and yet to turn key still the sound should be glorious as it will be for yours.

Either way both are different and kinda over main stream V8 swaps....i feel a Indy Car motor could be interesting ;)

Haha imagine the price on one of those! what did you put the v10 in? do you a a video of it running? love the sound of the v10 in the video that i shared with the custom ITB setup. And considering it has 500hp from factory that's not bad at all. 

42 minutes ago, e46v12 said:

Haha imagine the price on one of those! what did you put the v10 in? do you a a video of it running? love the sound of the v10 in the video that i shared with the custom ITB setup. And considering it has 500hp from factory that's not bad at all. 

Going into a rusty old E36 sedan and not far off running im paying a few good mates to finish off wiring etc as my business is growing at a rate i cant keep up so time is spent on that.

Mine uses the stock 10x ITB's with stakes and no filters, as for the power ? It is what it is as when done is my tow vehicle for the other toy im building, no its not another BMW wasted time on the last one i built as certain people running a certain series seem to look after their own agendas rather than increase participants.

• Like 1

Hey Team 

Just another small update.

Did some more cleaning, got the main end caps and bolts cleaned, timing chain, gave the bearings a good wipe and took all the piston rings off.

Once i get the block back from engineers should be good to start putting things back together :) minus the heads though. 

P1000993.JPG.1f0a45fa8190c46ff657b29c10ce424f.JPGP1000995.JPG.465ea8e34926a46915861cf175ee9e8b.JPG

• Like 4

I'm not sure if you know man, but for me personally, and also for the algorithms that determine popularity on this site, you're something of a star, this has to be some kind of record as far as likes to posts ratio also, not sure if the counter is all time, or over a given time span, but damn man, keep doing what your doing.

Capture.thumb.JPG.8fd70d25592c487edd770b633214b784.JPG

• Like 1

Because why not is why I just liked some more of your posts :Troll-min:

Capture.thumb.JPG.ddbf555d777c02570e741abb2f87f316.JPG

Edited by EURO V8

Excellent work mate , i have the other leader board for most hated ! lol

If you dont rattle cages no one knows your alive.  

• Like 1

Just now, crunchy said:

Excellent work mate , i have the other leader board for most hated ! lol

If you dont rattle cages no one knows your alive.  

You also have the unique position of fairly equal usage of Crunchy and what I assume to be your real name (SM), I once heard two people debating whether Crunchy or SM built better turbos.  

You helped me out a bundle back in the day when i was a broke ass building a mitsi libero (DECEVR), I'm still grateful to this day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EURO V8 said:

You also have the unique position of fairly equal usage of Crunchy and what I assume to be your real name (SM), I once heard two people debating whether Crunchy or SM built better turbos.  

You helped me out a bundle back in the day when i was a broke ass building a mitsi libero (DECEVR), I'm still grateful to this day.

Yes, that nick name goes back many many years but both the same person.

Glad i could be of help i enjoy helping those in need and no one else on here really knows me so its fun to find out those who take life too seriously.

Still, loving this V12 build i hate main stream everything is a V8 ....zzzzzzzzz

Cheers for the kind words mate :)

3 minutes ago, crunchy said:

Still, loving this V12 build i hate main stream everything is a V8 ....zzzzzzzzz

Cheers for the kind words mate :)

I genuinely love the sound of a V8 over everything else, things start sounding like Japanese motorbikes or power boats if you add too many cylinders ;-) 

im sure this V12 will have a few bolt ons to help it not sound most 7/850's (prolonged yawns). 

• Like 2

Haha aw shucks thanks EURO V8 i don't even know there was such a poll thing going on. Making me blush :) 

But thanks to everyone that is liking and following this build. Glad to share it with you guys!

O one more thing do i win or get a prize for any of this polling stuff? :P 

6 hours ago, crunchy said:

in stream everything is a V8 ....zzzzzzzzz

Still one of the best automotive sounds! 

Hardly boring! 

5 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Still one of the best automotive sounds! 

Hardly boring! 

A 11,000rpm Judd V8 hell yes, A holden Taxi not so much

• Like 1

Will you've keeping track of designs for any brackets and adapters?  

I can't wait there either 0-60msport! especially an angry sounding v12 :) 

Hey EuroV8 i hadn't thought of that but now you mention it. As i will be getting the shop that is taking care of the electrical side to mount the engine in, I'll get him to save the design in some sort of form and put it on here for any1 else that would like to do the same swap.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, EURO V8 said:

I genuinely love the sound of a V8 over everything else, things start sounding like Japanese motorbikes or power boats if you add too many cylinders ;-) 

im sure this V12 will have a few bolt ons to help it not sound most 7/850's (prolonged yawns). 

I'm sure the s85 and s70/3 would like a word with you...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eliongater said:

I'm sure the s85 and s70/3 would like a word with you...

And what 750 or 850's came with either of those ? ?

12 minutes ago, polley said:

S70B56Edit

This is a 5,576 cc (340 cu in) variant of the M70 engine fitted only to the E31 850CSi.[4] With 1,510 units produced, this is the lowest production BMW engine to date.[5]

Applications:

• 1992–1996 E31 850CSi
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, polley said:

The 850csi on a technicality... kinda.

It was more directed at the first paragraph.

Hey Team

Managed to get block back from the engineers today so will start putting the engine back together as soon i have time during the weekends when i find some time.

While at the engineers he was telling me about his own little project that he's currently working on with all his 100 other jobs.

A Toyota V12 which he is making some awesome CNC ITB for it! So my project will be done when he gets to it hopefully not too long :) 

Here's a few pics of the two v12 blocks next to each other, I'm quite surprised how well designed the bmw v12 is, so compact and smaller but yet bigger in displacement than the toyota v12.

and a couple pics of the heads, Figuring out whether we can do a regind for the cams or to make them from scratch. 

P1010005.JPG.bd8baa86631d477a84a6aae4fec3d2e0.JPGP1010004.JPG.52097f16dff571f52a9192db465b360c.JPGP1010003.JPG.1a9ae5c6933cd2aa16b525e446626af4.JPGP1000999.JPG.f74b9fffc11ad20b2632c138ebc0b5fb.JPGP1010001.JPG.af94b58b81b1318e3e5aa72757fe1380.JPG

P1010002.JPG