e46v12

My E46 V12 6speed swap

54 minutes ago, 0-60Motorsports said:

Realoem Prices are seldom accurate FYI. Better to check the mentioned sites above.

more a reference point. but noted, thanks .

0-60 the price i paid was $15.64 per shell euro tho so not sure if thats cheaper or not.

Jon i had checked on multiple websites and called Bmw nz, quoting this part number and they all state that the blue/red is just a colour to differentiate the bottom to top shell. Nothing to do with tolerances unless stated by the seller as you can get different sizes but unless stated it's generally 45mm which is factory spec.

I haven't measured my clearances as it honestly looked like the conrods and crankshaft were in perfect nick. 

Again im not expert but just sharing what i have learnt so far.

Hey Team 

small update, bearings are in the country and unfortunately got stung with duty/tax was $5 over the $400 threshold due to bank exchange rate fees FML.

But  it is what it is and i wont be making that mistake again. On a positive note manage to get the old clutch plate relined,pressure plate, release bearing reconditioned and additional clamping force added. Well worth the cost compared to buying a factory new one.

P1010142.thumb.JPG.4f5af2ebcd74555f3f13699d55422b4c.JPG

nice , who did the clutch work ?

Hey Brent

i took the clutch to Geartech here in Palmy. They outsourced the job to MP autoparts in the wellington area.

they did a very nice job on the rebuild.

Forget what I said about the bearing colours - that is on other engines.nothing like being consistent!

No worries Jon, 

So finally got the conrod bearings. Once i get the block back from the engineer I will be installing these and hopefully get the beautiful dry sump on too :) 

P1010166.thumb.JPG.148e3bc85faf8cb1f60685ad149a6fe8.JPG

what did they sting you on GST tax

Hey Richard

I managed to keep the purchase about 8 euro under the $400 nzd threshold but Schmiedann added the 5.50 euro exchange rate onto the invoice which bumped up the price $4 nzd over each box ( split the shipping of 2 boxes) so got stung $125 each box! 

Rung Customs and try to discuss my point that i didn't think a bank fee should be part of the purchase price of the goods but they said it was so yeah, couldn't really say no as i do need the bearings.

$65ish for GST $49ish for entry and $15 admin fee. 

ouch, To be honest I'd happily pay the GST it's all the extra charges that come with that suck. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, e46v12 said:

Hey Richard

I managed to keep the purchase about 8 euro under the $400 nzd threshold but Schmiedann added the 5.50 euro exchange rate onto the invoice which bumped up the price $4 nzd over each box ( split the shipping of 2 boxes) so got stung $125 each box! 

Rung Customs and try to discuss my point that i didn't think a bank fee should be part of the purchase price of the goods but they said it was so yeah, couldn't really say no as i do need the bearings.

$65ish for GST $49ish for entry and $15 admin fee. 

Next time use the customs calculator, as they also have their own exchange rate.

Hey Nathan

yeah i did use the calculator and got the correct figure, also knew there was going to be a exchange rate fee from the banks but didn't think Schmiedann were going to add it to the invoice. So was going well for being under $400 till i got the bill from DHL saying it was over. 

But no biggy just happy I've got the bearings now.