Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Eagle F1 A2 Vs A3s

Anyone gone from Asymetric 2s to 3s?

I am chewing through tyres on the 130, 235/35/19 A2s on the back have lasted 6 months (wof-wof) and at $480ish a corner not a game I wanna play for too long! Tyre wear is even, its not an alignment issue. Goodyear claim 31% increased tread life with the A3, is this for real? Any downsides to that? I love the way the A2s drive when being spirited, and they are awesome in the wet, but need em to last longer :D (I dont even do skids...)

Even considered just going to a cheaper RE003, which apparently has similar grip levels wet/dry, but even worse tyre life....

Edited by Jacko

2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Even considered just going to a cheaper RE003, which apparently has similar grip levels wet/dry, but even worse tyre life....

I've gotten more than 25,000kms out of RE003's on my e46 Touring, which is pretty awesome given previously I was getting around 10,000kms out of Proxes4 etc.  

Are your shocks in sound condition?  

You might want to try Michelins at a similar performance level, see if they can give you the grip/wet weather performance you desire, with greater longevity.

• Like 1

My experience with 003's would say they have reasonable wear life. 

Dunlops on my 130i have done 50,000k so far and still have another 5-10 in them.  Grip on them isn't bad either.  Would recommend RE003.

6 Months is terrible!

On 2017-6-10 at 4:44 PM, kwhelan said:

6months means nothing, how many ks did you do in that time 5k or 20k

20 odd k,

Have ordered some A3s, we shall see. Reading the reviews of them they are all over place so its a bit of a lottery...

Once these are dead, probably RE004s all round :D 

They are definitely sticky, in the wet at least, with new (2 week old) 225 A2s on the front and new 235 A3s on the back it feels like it wants to understeer more than it use to at the limits. Bites hard on acceleration and slapping 1-2-3 as well, no more chirp!  Sidewalls appear to be just as stiff as A2s in 35 profile.  

My AS2s must have close to 20 000km on them and even the rears look like they could do another 20 000. This is on a 335i that gets a good thrashing once in a while and I have smoked them many times (not burnouts, just launches).

Although the majority of the KMs are clocked up on the slow drive to and from work, which might be why. Most of your driving must be more fun than mine :/

I'm running on PS4s now as I bought different sized wheels. Slightly sharper feel to them which I like, grip level feels similar. Apparently they wear faster than the Goodyears though so maybe not a good choice for you :)

Edited by Matth5

I looked at  PS4's but they arent available in a 225-235-245/35/19 :( They have some awesome reviews.