Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

Window Replacement Company Suggestions?

For those having had their front window replaced, where did you take your car?

Need to get mine done via insurance. Standard places they use are AA autoglass, Novus and Smith and Smith.

Heard bad things about Smith and Smith so just wanting to see where people have had first hand good experiences.

Don't want poor workmanship / seals leaking! 

I had the windscreen done by novus Penrose a few weeks back on the 135i. Did a great job, used a new seal etc and didn't leave a mark on it. Would recommend them. Had a small issue with the auto wiper sensor afterwards but they came over straight away and reset it. 

17 minutes ago, navin117 said:

I had the windscreen done by novus Penrose a few weeks back on the 135i. Did a great job, used a new seal etc and didn't leave a mark on it. Would recommend them. Had a small issue with the auto wiper sensor afterwards but they came over straight away and reset it. 

Good to hear.

I was thinking of taking the car to them, did you wait while they did the job, approx how long did it take? 

It ended up being a mobile job. He took about 1.5 hours all up but that included fluffing about with all the sensors built into the glass. Should be a bit quicker for cars without the sensors

• Like 1

Try contacting the Toyota (I assume) dealer and see who they recommend, they may even do it themselves. We do windscreens here and have seen some shockers from both Novus and Smith and Smith. 

• Like 2