Sign in to follow this  
MD13

Um...

Yeah not exactly adding value...

• Like 1

:blink: no, just no. I can think of much better things to spend $14k (or even half that...).

Well written piece and there is some merit to the vehicle and full service history - but the wheels and lowering are :( Seems raaaather pricey ...

Good god it is depressing what e30s go for these days.. It feels like yesterday you could pick up a tidy 325i manual lsd recaros etc for easily under $4k.

7 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

Wow, I hadn't realised they'd gotten so cheap. I'd definitely rather have a 335i over that e30.

And he says make him an offer, suggesting he'd go as low as 13 or 14k?

On 6/17/2017 at 8:52 PM, mark247 said:

Good god it is depressing what e30s go for these days.

Go for? Or advertised for...?

Silly money.

The 'appreciating asset' card is played, but then there are mention of 'imperfections'. And has been said - parked up for an extended period is going to mean that while it may seem OK now, there will be work needed in the near future.

Not $14k. Not even $10k. Even allowing for E30 tax, maybe $6k, tops?

I think the REALLY nice ones are desired by certain people, and some of them will pay good money.

18 months ago, I got $8K for Dads 4 door Manual 325i SE, from the second caller (the first was a time wasting knob). I think I could have held out for more, but the purchaser was "suitable" to Dad (another old bloke), and Dad already had a replacement car.

A few months earlier, another manual 325i SE (with an ///M badge!) sold for just over $10K.

This car isn't a patch on Dads, and his wasn't immaculate but very, very tidy. This guy is talking about "rough around the edges" cars... his is one.

The wheels, exhaust, dash and seat are real let downs, and appears to be a non- AC model, based on the front valance.

As far as E30's go, it really looks to be a good one, but it's not up there with the best survivors. I'm not sure that coupes are worth particularly more either??? unless motorsport.

Graeme is probably right - $6K and everybody would be talking about how easy it is to change the wheels and make a good car of it.