Sign in to follow this  
shiman

2006 E86 Z4 3.0si

Picking up my new car tomorrow. NZ New with 78k. Weekend driver for the next 15 to 20 years. My contribution to the classics of the future. My brother has one as well. He's lucky cause he has the optional M seats and steering wheel fitted. I don't! But I want! It's awesome! Impossible to source... if anyone has a lead, anytime with a wrecked M Coupe or someone who's going track and therefore will change their setup, please let me know... anyway excited, it's 2:55am, can't sleep.... looking forward to pick her up!

Photo is not great, as she is not silver but rather SILBERGRAU METALLIC which is fancy for gun metal grey or dark grey...

Regards

Coupe classic....

love the 240z.... suppose this will eventually become like that.

IMG_7058.JPG

• Like 3

welcome, Shiman.  I'm a big fan of the Z4 coupe, congratulations on your new ride.  In terms of finding that wheel or those seats that you want, @BM WORLD is your man.

Do update your profile to indicate your location, better for the crew here to help you with advice.  Also consider subscribing to the 'meetings' room for your locale.  If you're in Auckland, they meet regularly for cars and coffee.  Down here in Welly we're meeting more regularly (than we used to), though infrequently.  We're also plotting and executing roadies from time to time.

Did I mention it before?  I dig the Z4 coupe.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
quote of previous post

Such a shame they stopped making the Z4 coupe. Best looking Z by far, even the newer Z4 hardtop doesn't look as good.

Enjoy it, should be great fun to drive!

Edited by Matth5

photo is outside bm workshop in east tamaki so i would say hes in auckland unless hes from down the line and picking it up from akl!

anyway welcome and nice z4 coupe!

• Like 1

On 17/06/2017 at 6:17 AM, Olaf said:

welcome, Shiman.  I'm a big fan of the Z4 coupe, congratulations on your new ride.  In terms of finding that wheel or those seats that you want, @BM WORLD is your man.

Do update your profile to indicate your location, better for the crew here to help you with advice.  Also consider subscribing to the 'meetings' room for your locale.  If you're in Auckland, they meet regularly for cars and coffee.  Down here in Welly we're meeting more regularly (than we used to), though infrequently.  We're also plotting and executing roadies from time to time.

Did I mention it before?  I dig the Z4 coupe.

Thanks will do...

I'm an Aucklander. In fact I live up the road from BM World. Bought a full set of Vossen wheels Brent was selling. Posted in the wheel section about them as I need some advise I also want to start attending meets, in fact my brother and I. Both have had Beemers for more than 20 years. Sold him my E30 Mtech 2. He also has a Z4 as well. But we 40 plus guys not sure if the meets will cater for dudes that existed where the BMWs from their era are legends.. ?

Edited by shiman

Btw if you can get your hands on a Z4 Coupe, whether auto like mine or manual. I just saw the article on Zpost where BMW and Toyota are doing a joint venture for the next Z4. BMW is launching the convertible roadster as their Z4 and the hard top Coupe is being launched by Toyota as their Supra. So no more Coupes like this from BMW ?

On 6/23/2017 at 11:46 PM, shiman said:

I also want to start attending meets, in fact my brother and I. Both have had Beemers for more than 20 years. Sold him my E30 Mtech 2. He also has a Z4 as well. But we 40 plus guys not sure if the meets will cater for dudes that existed where the BMWs from their era are legends.. ?

I think you'll find Bimmersport has an excellent mix of members, encompassing the gamut from 'young' to the 'young at heart'! Get along to some meets and experience it for yourself :)    Many of us wear grey hair with pride... or at least, we can't afford Grecian 2000 as we spent our last $50 on parts.

On 6/23/2017 at 11:46 PM, shiman said:

I'm an Aucklander. 

That's not generally viewed as a disability here on Bimmersport (we're a non-descriminatory inter-denominational bunch), the rest of the country long ago forgave those north of the Bombays syphoning off extra petrol tax to build more roads in Auckland... B)   You gain extra points for disarming honesty! :D

• Like 1