Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

Colour Matched paint?

Any suggestions on where to go in the Manawatu or Wellington regions for colour matched spraycans, when I don't have a paint code (SA built ice white) and I'm not even sure it's still the factory colour? (PO resprayed it)

Car is an 1987 320I if it matters.

Resene matched up an "ice white" but its not remotely close, and the label they printed has a 1998 date on it so I'm guessing it's a later "ice white".

Union Hardware in Wellington do a nice 'two spraycans and a touch up bottle' combo. Riddiford st Newtown. 

2 hours ago, Mikan said:

Union Hardware in Wellington do a nice 'two spraycans and a touch up bottle' combo. Riddiford st Newtown. 

And they can definitely match it if I bring the car to them? As that's the biggest trouble so far. Two cans from people who "knew what it would be" have been completely off so far :(

We took in a piece of rollcage pipe after we cut it out and they matched it off that I tried to quote him the paint code for inka orange over the phone and he said the numbers meant nothing to him, bring it in. 

Maybe give them a bell and suss it out first. 

Paint'n'Paper Superstore in Palmy  used to do all my personal and trade colour matching - were very good. Did spray cans, pens and pots. 

On 6/18/2017 at 8:25 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Paint'n'Paper Superstore in Palmy  used to do all my personal and trade colour matching - were very good. Did spray cans, pens and pots. 

Ahh that's the crowd that Supercheap tried to refer me to, said by VINZ but also said "Resene" so I went to Resene <_<

Will give them a go when I'm back from Oz, much easier than going to Wellington!

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 8:25 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Perfect tip-off, matched me up two cans this morning and only charged me for one! Should have my door sorted next sunny, calm day!

• Like 1

That's good to know. I lost my panel that covers the tow bar section of my 530d. Have got a replacement, but it needs to be colour matched. Is currently black plastic! Am down in Wellington again next week, so will call in on them on the way down! Unless I can locate a similar place here in Hamilton.

Graeme