Sign in to follow this  
sugarfree

Any experience with silverdale radiator products?

Hi. Just wanting to find some comments from you guys about any experience on this brand that floats around in trademe.

My E39 decided to crap the expansion tank last saturday and I've been suspecting a small/tiny leak on the passenger side tank. So, it is time to overhaul the system.

I also want to know if there's aluminium thermostat housing and if there's anyone in Akl (or NZ) sells/stocks them? The plan is to future proof it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

willy

If it's Fenix..... be aware, very aware.... that's all I can say...or ring me

• Like 3

I don't think they're Fenix... Call and ask?

I got a rad for our 500SE from Silverdale - fast delivery, seems to be good quality. It fits, it holds coolant, and the price was pretty good.

Now i'm worried.

I found another listing with hella/behr brands: https://www.trademe.co.nz/1350275680

Will this fit 2001 e39? I've noticed there are some variations for the earlier e39 and the v8 model. Am I right?

cheers,

W

4 hours ago, *Glenn* said:

If it's Fenix..... be aware, very aware.... that's all I can say...or ring me

Quality :D 

11 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Quality :D 

You designing Tui Adds now Michael ?? :P

• Like 2

Stopped working for them 18 months ago, they went from 30 to about 5 staff within months haha. Says it all. 

Find your self a bmw parts catalogue site www bmw fans or Realoem.com. Place the last 7 digits of your vin number in the vin decode box  and click it this will bring up the parts that were fitted to that car. From the various sections shown  choose the one you want and it will give you all the part numbers for the various items you need. From that you can check these number to see if they are combat able. Armed with the numbers you could try Milland premium euro parts or go to the Pelican parts site and  enter the part numbers their It opens up the page that those are logged in plus all the various brands they hold. Also which ones are genuine or oem and the price in US dollars. A bit long winded explain sorry but have found 10 -20 minutes research can save you a whole lot of pain and a light wallet best of luck

• Like 1

I recently replaced the radiator on my E90 bought a behr from fcp euro. The quality appears good but there was the problem with the lower coolant pipe connection on the left side. The coolant pipe to waterpump connects to the radiator sideways instead of diagonally downwards so this made it difficult to get the radiator fan back in the pipe had to be pushed and squished upwards was a real pain getting it back in. 

I put a Silverdale radiator in my E46 - no issues with install and seems to be of decent quality, with no leaks 10,000km later. 

I bought my E34 radiator from them a couple of years, maybe three back.  They were good.  Still working well.

Ended upbought the radiator and some other parts through fcp euro and get them shipped here for only us$75.

I honestly very happy with service and surprised that roughly about a week later I've got the packages. Upon inspection, they actually ship them by air! I dont expect that at all.

So, car now has new cooling system and some parts are upgraded to better quality (metal pump).

Thanks for your help guys.

W

• Like 3