Sign in to follow this  
RobD

Refreshed 335i

Been a while since I posted, but thought I'd do a little update on the E90.  In the last 12 months I've had a Bilstein B12 kit fitted, TRW M3 front arms installed, uprated engine mounts, new AG M359 wheels (having sold an old set I had), and new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 265/30R19 and 235/35R19, as well as loaded the MHD Stage 1 93 tune.  I'll be looking at a VRSF 7" intercooler shortly, and will move to Stage 1+, and will cross my fingers that the clutch holds out!  Yet to break the tyres in, but so far so good. 

Car V2.jpg

• Like 3

Sounds well sorted, you'll have fun with that!
How much of a difference you feel from those M3 arms? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matth5 said:

Sounds well sorted, you'll have fun with that!
How much of a difference you feel from those M3 arms? 

The M3 arms give it a bit more of a dynamic feel I guess - I can't really think how to describe it properly sorry.  Possibly more feel through the steering, little 'tighter' in general, and maybe a bit quicker to change direction due to solid bushes, but a lot of that could be due to the old arms / bushes having some miles on them too.  Not a night and day difference as is often suggested in the US forums, but for the money not a bad upgrade!  For me it was about wanting to make incremental improvements here and there - hence the arms, B12 kit and engine mounts.  Next on the list, aside from the intercooler, is to replace the tie rods to cancel out any slop, M3 front and rear sway bars which I can source second hand, but admittedly it's a bit harder to justify the expense as the car ages and house improvements loom!!!