Sign in to follow this  
RamboRob

1993 525i upgrades/modifications

Hi guys ?

I'm a bit of a noob here but I was wondering if anybody can give me advice on basic engine upgrades I can do to increase horsepower in my 1993 525i, its got a M50TUB25 engine and I believe with all the stock parts its at 192 HP, its my first Bimmer and I'm looking at basic parts replacements or modifications to get it to around 250 HP, and hopefully look to learn as much as I can along the way ?

Edited by RamboRob

Doubt you will able to achieve 250hp with "basic" modifications. You'd need to stroke your engine with m52\m54 parts + tuning at the least to get to that.

A manual conversion (if it's an auto) and a ecu remap or chip (EAT, JC) would be the best power increases for the $. Possible exhaust headers and camshaft options available but no idea on the availability and cost of those.

3 hours ago, Eagle said:

Doubt you will able to achieve 250hp with "basic" modifications. You'd need to stroke your engine with m52\m54 parts + tuning at the least to get to that.

A manual conversion (if it's an auto) and a ecu remap or chip (EAT, JC) would be the best power increases for the $. Possible exhaust headers and camshaft options available but no idea on the availability and cost of those.

aaaaah yes, thanks for that bro haha 

swap it out for a m52b28 , about the best and easiest mod to a e34 .

just run the engine on all your electrics and manifolds etc .