Sign in to follow this  
dkonsta1

Bellars motor works. Any experience?

Hi guys. I need to do two jobs on my 540i E39.

1. Thrust arms (control arm bushings)

2. Rocker cover gasket/upper timing cover gasket 

My first preference for the job was Glenn (i trust him 100%) but he kindly denied both jobs. A bit dissapointed but I understand his rationale.

Second preference was BM workshop but i got dissapointed with them as they gave me three different prices in 3 different phone calls and never got a quote from them in writing although I did ask for one.

I have now ended up with Bellars that they came back to me fast and with a detailed quote. (Much cheaper than BM workshop by yhe way)

My only concern is that I dont know them at all, never dealt with them. Are they reliable?

They're reliable and professional. You won't go wrong there.

• Like 1

I've heard nothing bad about them, and bad news spreads pretty well.

Taken my old E46 to them a couple times. My experiences were good. They've fixed cooling system issues, aircon, and told me when they thought certain jobs I requested were a waste of money. 

I felt like they were very good and honest.

I've had some work done at Bellars. Ken and the team seem good value to me - no problems so far.

They're really good IMHO, I've used them on a number of occasions.

Often at the top of my list.

Their the only independents who would give my e39 M5 vanos and chain replacements a go....

Won't rip you off....

Good guys!

On 6/24/2017 at 7:24 PM, dkonsta1 said:

Hi guys. I need to do two jobs on my 540i E39.

1. Thrust arms (control arm bushings)

2. Rocker cover gasket/upper timing cover gasket 

My first preference for the job was Glenn (i trust him 100%) but he kindly denied both jobs. A bit dissapointed but I understand his rationale.

Second preference was BM workshop but i got dissapointed with them as they gave me three different prices in 3 different phone calls and never got a quote from them in writing although I did ask for one.

I have now ended up with Bellars that they came back to me fast and with a detailed quote. (Much cheaper than BM workshop by yhe way)

My only concern is that I dont know them at all, never dealt with them. Are they reliable?

Edited by Keith
Got answers

I’ve hidden that post as it is more of a general slagging of a company with no context or details.

As it was the users first post, very much looks like an axe To grind. If they come back with a more balance post, with details and facts then that’s fine.

• Like 3

I had bad experience with Bellars motor works, they quoted me a job but unable to deliver and still billed me for labour cost. What can I do when my BMW is with them... Time and money wasted and the lady at reception is very rude, very bad customer service and incompetence.

Edited by Matt5

You obviously had a bad experience and nothing said here will change that. However, to help others get a better perspective on what went wrong, it would be helpful if you could explain in a little more detail the job that you wanted done, but the workshop was unable to complete. 

If Bellars were unable to complete the work, did you find another workshop that could do the work to your satisfaction ? 

Cheers...