Sign in to follow this  
tehBMWn00p

E30 M3 EVO SPORT

Drool. What a pity I didn't win lotto this weekend.

was converted, so shouldn't the price actually drop? there were 320is in RHD for Italy but those were special editions. 

the E30 320is was LHD, for the Portugese and Italian markets only, theres at least one in NZ saw it at the 100yr do last year

1 hour ago, lord_jagganath said:

was converted, so shouldn't the price actually drop?  

depending on which exchange rates you are working off the price is a little below the international market for LHD examples in similar condition and mileage. E30 tax applies 10 fold on M3s and about 20 fold for the Evo3. The conversion would certainly have a negative effect, but it is still a genuine Evo3 and fairly easy to swap back to LHD if you can track down the parts.

Fingers crossed it will stay in NZ and not go overseas as we have lost one glorious Evo3 recently already.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

depending on which exchange rates you are working off the price is a little below the international market for LHD examples in similar condition and mileage. E30 tax applies 10 fold on M3s and about 20 fold for the Evo3. The conversion would certainly have a negative effect, but it is still a genuine Evo3 and fairly easy to swap back to LHD if you can track down the parts.

Fingers crossed it will stay in NZ and not go overseas as we have lost one glorious Evo3 recently already.

a little below the "ASKING PRICE" in the international market -there is a glut of these for sale, and a lot of them are sale proof- unrealistic vendors not moving to meet the market. At the asking price you could buy several cars that would satisfy the most ardent enthusiast amongst us and still have several thousand dollars left in your wallet!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

C'mon guys - pics for posterity :)

609403446.jpg

609403488.jpg

609403527.jpg

609403581.jpg

609403931.jpg

609403944.jpg

609404095.jpg

That's a beauty.

There were a couple of blokes in the BMW drivers club back in UK with Evo 2 and Evo 3.  I remember one very similar to this.

I think Birds used to do the 'official' RHD conversions over there.  Or was it Sytner?  Memory's getting dulled by time.

10 minutes ago, lord_jagganath said:

I think Birds did Hartge conversions... 

Yes. I spent some time in Iver talking to Kevin and discussing handling, and how stiffer isn't always better.

On 6/26/2017 at 0:55 PM, bga said:

the E30 320is was LHD, for the Portugese and Italian markets only, theres at least one in NZ saw it at the 100yr do last year

Yup - i imported it from Italy. One owner and 107kms. Now residing on the Shore. It is the only one registered as an is as we had to get NZTA to update their database to do it.

• Like 2

On 26 June 2017 at 9:15 PM, Willy Sea said:

a little below the "ASKING PRICE" in the international market -there is a glut of these for sale, and a lot of them are sale proof- unrealistic vendors not moving to meet the market. At the asking price you could buy several cars that would satisfy the most ardent enthusiast amongst us and still have several thousand dollars left in your wallet!

Hello and welcome to Bimmersport.

True there have been a few more examples come on to the market in recent months to ride the price wave. Haven't seen any sitting for too long though, with the exception of the dubious car in the USA. 

Many have sold without coming to the open market, including the black one now gone from NZ. 

Yes there are possibly better "bang for buck" cars out there for driving, but do they have the same rarity / history / collectibility of the M3 SE3?

In some ways it is a shame they have become the possessions of investors and collectors rather than drivers and enthusiasts. That is the downside of being such an icon.

10 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Hello and welcome to Bimmersport.

True there have been a few more examples come on to the market in recent months to ride the price wave. Haven't seen any sitting for too long though, with the exception of the dubious car in the USA. 

Many have sold without coming to the open market, including the black one now gone from NZ. 

Yes there are possibly better "bang for buck" cars out there for driving, but do they have the same rarity / history / collectibility of the M3 SE3?

In some ways it is a shame they have become the possessions of investors and collectors rather than drivers and enthusiasts. That is the downside of being such an icon.

Hardly RARE only 17000 plus E30 M3's built, know its one of the last but hello RHD conversions takes away from the "as god intended, LHD" And as for history don't get me started here......collectability well that's seems to be only in the eye of the seller and good luck with that.

Not possibly but definitely more bang for the buck cars available especially at the moment as previously mentioned there is a glut-more sellers than buyers here in NZ. And this car was touted about three or so weeks ago as being sold and for a lot less than $130k

Just now, Willy Sea said:

but hello RHD conversions takes away from the "as god intended, LHD" 

oh please.  if anyone subscribes to this kind of bollocks they're better off living in god's germany. 

1 hour ago, Willy Sea said:

Hardly RARE only 17000 plus E30 M3's built, know its one of the last but hello RHD conversions takes away from the "as god intended, LHD" And as for history don't get me started here......collectability well that's seems to be only in the eye of the seller and good luck with that.

I respectfully suggest you read up a bit more on the E30 M3 and get an understanding of the various models, editions, etc. 

From what you posted it would appear that you are referring to the White RHD M3 Evo that has been listed for a long time on TradeMe. Which is covered on another thread in here, I think I said "the seller is confusing an Evo with an Evo3" due to the price. Is it possible you are doing the same?

On 6/27/2017 at 9:15 PM, ashmill said:

Yup - i imported it from Italy. One owner and 107kms. Now residing on the Shore. It is the only one registered as an is as we had to get NZTA to update their database to do it.

Man, when I saw it I was knocked out, to me it is a mythical beast - never thought there would be any over in little old NZ as such a relatively small production run I would have imagined, how long you had it over here?

It landed in Auckland in September 2015.

You should have kept it Bruce, you need more E30 in your life!!

On 6/27/2017 at 11:16 AM, Olaf said:

That's a beauty.

There were a couple of blokes in the BMW drivers club back in UK with Evo 2 and Evo 3.  I remember one very similar to this.

I think Birds used to do the 'official' RHD conversions over there.  Or was it Sytner?  Memory's getting dulled by time.

is this car an evo 1 and did it sell ?, how much or how much was it listed for.. import from where. 

26 minutes ago, M5MAX said:

is this car an evo 1 and did it sell ?, how much or how much was it listed for.. import from where. 

Don't know if it sold or not.

Carjam seems to think it came from The Nertherlands.

https://carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=ievo3i

No this is NOT an Evo 1, this is an Evo 3, or "Sports Evolution" as it is also referred to. Whilst an Evo 1 will command a price premium over a "normal" M3, they are nowhere near as collectable as the Evo3. All these versions were built to enable BMW to use newer developed parts on the DTM race cars, as the race car had to be based on the road version back in the day. The Evo 3 got a bigger engine, bigger wheels, adjustable aero front and rear amongst other things and was very much the "ultimate" version of the E30 M3. Hence the reason they also attract the "ultimate" price.

The Evo I on TradeMe is overpriced in my opinion, hence why it has not sold. I don't know if this Evo 3 sold, but I don't think it did. IIRC it was listed at $145k.

Hi,

Does anyone know what happened to this car did it leave the country like the last Sport Evo.

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, Olaf said:

That's a beauty.

I have no idea if these are EVO 3, but I took these pics at Retro Rides 2007 at Mallory...

Nice cars all the same

100_1372.JPG

100_1374.JPG