Sign in to follow this  
TermiPeteNZ

Chch E60 M5 down to $24K ONO

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1358361377

• 102kms
  • $23900 ONO!

Think I might have posted about this one before :| I think if you like the white leather (I do) and can keep it clean :D then this is a good proposition. Very tidy and well maintained by the looks of things. Has both timber and aluminium trim.

"It's had a gearbox/clutch done and brakes/discs at 98000kms. I've serviced / replaced other things such as fuel filter / air filters / idle actuators, carbon fuel canister's, secondary air pump. Also has x4 new tyres."

562895717.jpg

562896070.jpg

562896290.jpg

562896769.jpg

562898110.jpg

562898347.jpg

562898806.jpg

Drivers seat wear looks a little suspicious for a car with only 102kms.

Must have had a lot of short trips or a rough owner getting in and out without care. 

Where's the wear on the seat bolster? Are you talking about the bit you have to slide over the seat to get in it?

That will be a symptom of the white leather, never seems to last as well as black.

Very cheap, kinda kicking myself for paying so much for mine.  Oh well.

Just now, GorGasm said:

Very cheap, kinda kicking myself for paying so much for mine.  Oh well.

This is unusually cheap .... and it is in Chch ... and you have to like white leather :) 

If anyone is actually interested, would recommend getting a PPI done before purchasing this vehicle. 

Speaking as the owner of several bargain priced BMW's in the past...  never again, generally i end up spending in excess of my saving to bring them up to speed.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

If anyone is actually interested, would recommend getting a PPI done before purchasing this vehicle. 

ALWAYS get a PPI done even if it doesn't look like a 'bargain' :) And without a thorough service history then we know it is a roll of the dice. I think this one does look promising considering what has purportedly been done.

8 minutes ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

ALWAYS get a PPI done even if it doesn't look like a 'bargain' :) And without a thorough service history then we know it is a roll of the dice. I think this one does look promising considering what has purportedly been done.

Nothing more expensive than a cheap BMW as the saying goes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NZ BMW said:

Nothing more expensive than a cheap BMW as the saying goes.

Say it again, for the people in the back... and yet... i'm still tempted.

Local PPI's are for sh*t though, i had Jeff Gray give an E39 M5 a PPI for me, and i specifically requested they be thorough under the body for rust as it was ex UK, they just didn't bother, gave it the standard once over instead, so i popped it up on a mates hoist and removed the side skirts... rust city...

This auction leaves me wondering... how low can they go?  Will they eventually populate scrap yards due to an imbalance of running cost and value, i heard these things are a good 5K a year to keep road worthy, without even looking at the always excessive fuel consumption.

Edited by EURO V8
  • Like 1

I am up to about 7 months on mine.  Not a cent spent.

YMMV.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, EURO V8 said:

Local PPI's are for sh*t though, i had Jeff Gray give an E39 M5 a PPI for me, and i specifically requested they be thorough under the body for rust as it was ex UK, they just didn't bother, gave it the standard once over instead, so i popped it up on a mates hoist and removed the side skirts... rust city...

This auction leaves me wondering... how low can they go?  Will they eventually populate scrap yards due to an imbalance of running cost and value, i heard these things are a good 5K a year to keep road worthy, without even looking at the always excessive fuel consumption.

Comes down to how much you can or want to do yourself. If it can sit in the garage and be a weekend car and out of action while you wait for parts from overseas then more power to you. 

Sending it to a mechanic will probably have you living in a bus shelter in fairly short order!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EURO V8 said:

You're tempted because they are epic.

PPIs are like house inspections. Not a guarantee, but you don't want to NOT do one - and best to find the fussiest nitpicker and stick with them. It would be interesting to compare notes on the approaches taken by different places/people.

How low? Hmmm. The 'value' is all to do with how much you want a crazy V10 supercar. :D This will never be a sensible car and you do need to be up for running costs. I've plenty of stuff about RS6s being $1/mile (or km) in running costs. 

Who knows if they will ever appreciate in price ... wouldn't bet on it but I do think this will be considered a classic in the fullness of time.

• Like 2

At this price you can afford to have a spare one! ;)

• Like 3

On 6/29/2017 at 1:02 PM, NZ BMW said:

Sending it to a mechanic will probably have you living in a bus shelter in fairly short order!

Now why would you live in a bus shelter when you'd have a perfectly weather-right - if stationary - M5? ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

Now why would you live in a bus shelter when you'd have a perfectly weather-right - if stationary - M5? ?

If youre going to live In It you really want a touring. ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aja540i said:

If youre going to live In It you really want a touring. ;)

you're well made up, then!