Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

Cheap E32 730 (6cyl) well under $600NR $800BN

Not bad.

Although one thing I've found from experience old, tired automatic 6 cylinder 5 and 7 series E32-E34 etc are pretty depressing when all loose and sloppy. 

Could spend a few thousand minimum just sorting out brakes and suspension bushings etc. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael. said:

Not bad.

Although one thing I've found from experience old, tired automatic 6 cylinder 5 and 7 series E32-E34 etc are pretty depressing when all loose and sloppy. 

Could spend a few thousand minimum just sorting out brakes and suspension bushings etc. 

But they still hold together quite well. Not worth it in this case ( 3L just doesn't cut it ) but still much cheaper to sort the most BMW's.

Oh yeah for sure, still goes and works. But iffy if you try enjoy them on the open road etc.

Yeah i bought a 535i with 530,000km on it from an old guy, everything was very tidy because he spent alot fixing. When driving it home the front shocks which were so far gone it was hard to stay on the road at 100kph, ive never floated like that before. Maybe he thought that was normal or liked it, who knows. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, Eagle said:

Yeah i bought a 535i with 530,000km on it from an old guy, everything was very tidy because he spent alot fixing. When driving it home the front shocks which were so far gone it was hard to stay on the road at 100kph, ive never floated like that before. Maybe he thought that was normal or liked it, who knows. 

530km!!!!! :o

Jepers, at 530K that'd almost be a Check the fuel and fill the oil car?  I thought my old E34 540 at 380K was long in the tooth, still went hard.

• Like 1

Never owned an M30 E34 with less than 300,000km on it. Camshaft was replaced at some point and i did the rear dog bones along with the shocks. Didn't use any oil either but ive ever had an E34 that did. 

Pics for posterity... agree it would be more interesting with a V8 in it ....

606576374.jpg

606576420.jpg

606575270.jpg

606575328.jpg

It's not actually a long wheelbase model, unfortunately. At least the built sheet lists it as a "730i." Imported in 1998 (not sure where from) and poorly optioned. I actually rang the guy to have a chat about it. Of course for the price I wasn't expecting it to be great, and if it doesn't sell by Sunday I may go and have a look. See if I can steal it for $500. Would be a nice car boat for getting up to Mt Ruapehu in!

Boot leaks "quite a lot" and he's taken the carpet in the boot out so it doesn't get manky. Rust around the boot seal (probably the culprit of the leak) and consequently the trunk floor is rusted but has been painted over at some stage. 

Engine seems fine "pulls hard," as I expect an M30 to, even after 300 odd km. Temp stable.

Plate is XK7655 if anyone is interested in at looking over the options, etc, or able to confirm whether or not it is a true 'iL'

Edited by Kepes

Being a non long wheel base is a good thing in my books, no SLS to worry about and the 7 has ample rear leg room anyway.

Even if you got it for $500 and didnt fix anything your fuel bill will reach the purchase price in no time. My old E32 730i was terrible for economy considering how slow it was, my V12 isn't much worse on the open road and around here in Hamilton.