Sign in to follow this  
E36MSport

Mint 328i E36 with heaps of extras.

is it a genuine msport? (it has non msport door trims)

looks nice none the less! would like to buy it if i could

That's a beaut vehicle Sean. Congrats on the new family addition too!

The fit out of a genuine M-Sport does not vary that much - the only thing that can be changed is the suspension, M sport can be swapped out for std shocks and springs. However, some M-sport options such as the suspension can be added to non-M-Sport cars, such as this one, which is why it has 704 in the build sheet.

A genuine factory M-Sport will have option code 337 M-Sport Pack, or on older cars 336. This is a "package" of options all bundled into one number, like 704, 710 Steering wheel, body kit, anthracite headliner, 481 Sports seats, plus the trims and badges.

This car has obviously had some parts swapped into it during it's life as those look like M3 Vaders which were not an option from factory on non-M3s, plus the rims which could be genuine. Overall it looks good, the swaps are in-keeping with the car and it is tidy overall.

• Like 1

Would kill for electric rear windows. Good luck with the sale. 

The whole "genuine" M-Sport thing does get over-played (see the multiple threads on here for example) and as you say for a 20 year old E36 it is a moot point, particularly on a car that is no longer original. Unless it is a car where being a genuine M-Sport can affect the value of the car - a collectable early car like an E30 M-sport, E28, etc. in which case i think it is important and often sellers are trying to "over sell" their car because it has an M badge and some wheels.

Typed a whole load of other stuff, but was going off on a tangent, so deleted it, meh.

the main thing for me when a car is genuine msport or not is: m sport suspension - whether it is past the due by date or not, sports seats, steering wheel, bodykit, black headlining/pillars, and outside door side trims (for e36 - the flat type vs the triangle type).

31 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

I thought all e36 coupes left the factory with M sport suspension?

That's what I understood too.

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

The whole "genuine" M-Sport thing does get over-played (see the multiple threads on here for example) and as you say for a 20 year old E36 it is a moot point, particularly on a car that is no longer original. Unless it is a car where being a genuine M-Sport can affect the value of the car - a collectable early car like an E30 M-sport, E28, etc. in which case i think it is important and often sellers are trying to "over sell" their car because it has an M badge and some wheels.

Typed a whole load of other stuff, but was going off on a tangent, so deleted it, meh.

yes but there are some "msport" options that are actually desireable...ie the seats and suspension.An Msport badge and steering whells do not a msport make

• Like 1

Legitimate, superior, or not because of age... I see those points as redundant, if I want an M-Sport, and I think I'm buying an m-sport, and I happily pay a little fraction of an M dollar extra for it, and later find out it's not actually an M-Sport... I'd be upset.

but also a moot point because I'm not buying it, so who cares what i, or anyone other than the seller and prospective buyer thinks. Their own fault if they do or don't do their due diligence.

seller believes it to be an M-Sport, they bought it thinking so from someone else who thought it so, if the next person also thinks it is so... more power to em, special  M motor too, Model number of it has the M prefix ;-)

Edited by EURO V8

On 17/07/2017 at 6:26 PM, BreakMyWindow said:

I thought all e36 coupes left the factory with M sport suspension?

My NZ new 93 325i coupe did not have M sport Suspension, nor did it have sport seats.

On 17/07/2017 at 7:44 PM, E36MSport said:

Cheers for the legitimate banter on here. Seemingly endless bunch of knobs on TM.

Yes that's Tardeme alright. I like your car it looks great and it's not as if you driving round with the build sheet stuck in you side window. If people want a by the numbers car then they can go and find one, if they want a well presented e36 with some appropriate add ones then your car is a very nice option.

So did this used to be an Auto?

It needs Cert!

:ph34r:

J.K. Trademe Muppets are great.

41 minutes ago, EURO V12 said:

J.K. Trademe Muppets are great.

IDK, any difference from FB muppets?  

1 hour ago, EURO V12 said:

Don't use the Book, couldn't comment.

bookface is apalling.  grammar, description, questions... the txt-speak generation displaying their worst.  hey ho.  No sales fees!