Sign in to follow this  
allan

e46 engine service intervals

Interested to know how the service intervals can be reduced by changing the info stored in the cluster. Think the standard is around 25,000k but only doing 14 a yr  if lucky.

easiest way is with bmw scanner 1.4 - it's recorded in Litres of fuel consumed.

Ok, just ran the v1.4.0 over the cluster set up in the cluster part had a heading Service intervals SIA, Time/days, Litre, Kilometers SI, Litres SI, Min Time to reset,Min litres to reset. Then under that it has another section Reset/ speed values, mile off set, speed imp/km, Distance imp/km each of these sections has numbers beside them. Where does one begin to alter these values or is their some formula needed.

Don't touch the speed/offset, imp etc.

They're all a bit different it seems.

"Time/Days" is how many days between inspections, as long as a "with time inspection" setting is on. If you set it at 365, you should get an inspection light every year anyway.

I believe "Litres" should be the litres conumed between services. (i.e. you average 10L/100km, 1500L will give you 15K kms.) default = 2450???

Since you have have the "KM SI", set that at 15K too which should also set the SI lights to count down to 15K services.

"Litres SI" seems to be the numbers of litres consumed so far?? I'm guessing/googling that one! Does it deplete with driving?

On our E39, it only has "Time/Days" and "Litres" available for the SI - I just calculated how many litres we use over 15K and put that in. Seems to work well.

I still have the "Time/Days" set at 720, but we also do about 14K per year, and the "inspecton" light just annoys me anyway - I like the SI lights that count down :D and don't sneak up on you suddenly.

Thanks, jumps in a bit quick as i hadn't seem your reply on here. Will give the figures I sent you a run and see what happens thanks again.