Sign in to follow this  
Gricey

newbie intro

Hi all, very new to BMW, I actually pick my new car up tomorrow

06 530i

And would appreciate some links to, well any useful info thanks, specs, mtce advise etc

TIA

Ian

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure what you want exactly, but try this:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731460

It's a helpful guide that was linked somewhere by another E60 owner on this forum.
I found the pdf file at the bottom of the first post very informative when looking at an E61.

Edited by Dsdv
I can't spell.

Howdy Ian and welcome to BimmerSport! Congrats on your purchase - there's a good few E60 fans here.

Check put all the activity in the Wellington forum section: http://bimmersport.co.nz/forum/26-wellington/ - there's a bunch of stuff happening:

• revival of BMW Car Club in Wellington and AGM - Aug 9th - FaceBook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1029041987230635/
  • Barry's Garage tour, drive and lunch - Aug 20th
  • Backroads of Wairarapa road trip - 30th July
  • Forgotten Highway overnight road trip - Sep 23-24

Hope you can join us on some of these :)

On 07/16/2017 at 11:05 AM, TermiPeteNZ said:

Howdy Ian and welcome to BimmerSport! Congrats on your purchase - there's a good few E60 fans here.

Check put all the activity in the Wellington forum section: http://bimmersport.co.nz/forum/26-wellington/ - there's a bunch of stuff happening:

• revival of BMW Car Club in Wellington and AGM - Aug 9th - FaceBook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1029041987230635/
  • Barry's Garage tour, drive and lunch - Aug 20th
  • Backroads of Wairarapa road trip - 30th July
  • Forgotten Highway overnight road trip - Sep 23-24

Hope you can join us on some of these :)

Thanks Pete ?

All good - hope to meet at one of the activities soon!

On 7/15/2017 at 11:35 AM, Gricey said:

06 530i

And would appreciate some links to, well any useful info thanks, specs, mtce advise etc

oooh, another e60.  cool!  what colour?  is it a shade of silver, grey, or black?  I posted an 'advert' for monochrome e60's a while back.  #8 )

seriously though, yes you'll want to ensure your e60 is in good fettle.  Cooling System and transmission preventative maintenance is a good place to be.  have a google search for "so you've bought an e60", which will net you a link to a forum and a PDF file that's updated frequently.  Best to have a paper bag nearby, in case you read your way through the whole doc in one sitting, and start hyperventilating.  It gives you good pointers on what you need to to, should do, might do, on your new car.  Don't forget to enjoy it, though!

And as Pete says, joining in in some of the group activities is a great way to get stuck in.

cheers

Olaf

20 hours ago, Olaf said:

oooh, another e60.  cool!  what colour?  is it a shade of silver, grey, or black?  I posted an 'advert' for monochrome e60's a while back.  #8 )

Haha, it's silver. As in wanting to buy or selling?

seriously though, yes you'll want to ensure your e60 is in good fettle.  Cooling System and transmission preventative maintenance is a good place to be.  have a google search for "so you've bought an e60", which will net you a link to a forum and a PDF file that's updated frequently.  Best to have a paper bag nearby, in case you read your way through the whole doc in one sitting, and start hyperventilating.  It gives you good pointers on what you need to to, should do, might do, on your new car.  Don't forget to enjoy it, though!

Thank you, yes someone else recommended that, must take a look (on comp rather than phone though) and yes I'm sure there are horror stories, read the"dog and lemon" guide, he clearly hates anything not Toyota or Lexus though, so took most of the report with a grain of salt

I was thinking trans and coolant issues would be top priority, thinking maybe someone like Hutt automatics for the trans and local Mech for the antifreeze, bit of a pain getting to the Hutt though.

But yes it isn't a daily driver, so certainly intend to get out and enjoy it, total bliss so far?

And as Pete says, joining in in some of the group activities is a great way to get stuck in.

Yes, I'll have to for sure, as I said, great to catch up with like minded people.

cheers

Olaf

Welcome Gricey, look forward to meeting you & seeing your car